Memory de Jour Jan 26/03 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Memory de Jour Jan 26/03

kush
01-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Ahhh, my intro to the Point Rip last July - part of our epic 25th Aniversary trip - thanks Juro, Penguin, et al!

Penguin
01-26-2003, 06:19 PM
...to rain on the parade...
I just returned from a BaySide recon run and must report that a mini ice age has descended on the entire Brewster Flatzz...the ice runs to about 3/4 mile out from the shore and...as hard as I could look...I could see absolutely NO sign of Spring ANYWHERE!:whoa:

FredA
01-26-2003, 06:50 PM
Pete - wanted to see that ice on the bayside but didn't make it. Did get down to Chatham. Bathtub is frozen of course. Looking at the end of Nauset, seems a strong Nor'easter or two may create an island or two out there.

Here's another rip pic to warm the soul.

Penguin
01-26-2003, 08:38 PM
It looks just like it usually does except for all the ICE...(better bring a sweater!)

The Chatham area seems to be on the brink of some noteworthy changes.
From the little point in front of the light...I could spin cast to the island. And the outer shoals seem to be merging...
I think the Nauset side of the channel shoal will be where it's at?!
Weshallsee!

ps
That spot where Kush is doing the fandango with the beast is under yardz of pack ice! ...but I can still see the grin on his face and the lavender pealescence on the gill plate of his new dance pardner!

bcasey
01-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Nice legs!:eek: