01-29-2003, 12:12 AM
But au contraire Tyler...

This is an advanced technique learned from

a true MASTER...

!surprise! :D

kush
01-29-2003, 10:03 AM
Ahh :tsk_tsk:

Methinks that one should check the dates of the two photos in question so as to determine who is teaching whom! The Beach Ninja was expertly demonstrating "the big pink cast" in early July 2002 at Area 61 and the British chap shown (clearly in the early stages of learning) was at the Marlborough Show - which was just this month! :rolleyes:

Now Juro, I believe that those who innovate should definitely get credit for their developments. Sure we all know that you are a humble fellow, but this is definitely a time where you should take a bow - sort of stand up and be counted for a job well done!

I sure hope that you are bringing the pink boa to Seattle, as the boys are really getting "jacked" to learn all about it from the acknowledged master. You know how it is, learn the "snake roll" from Simon and the "the big pink cast" from Juro! :smokin:

striblue
01-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Tyler..I agree completely..it's time to give credit where credit is due... Juro has alway contributed an insurmountable amout of time and energy here on the Forum and elsewhere..I demand that he get credit as the originator of the pink boa cast demonstration.... His name should always be thought of when the Pink Boa makes it's appearance.... as tribute, of course... to Juro... enough said.

juro
01-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Penguin -

I must apologize for the wanton running off of undue credit these chaps have been displaying here. As the originator of the pink, black, yellow with green polka dots, ribbed, and extra sensitive boa casting tool, I humbly bequeath to you it's rightful owner the title of boa king.

BTW - Tyler 'conveniently' cropped out the caster who was dong reverse snake rolls next to me that night when Penguin broke out the whuppin' sticks at Area 61...

http://flyfishingforum.com/memorydujour/tyler-pink.jpg

:eyecrazy: :hehe: :rolleyes: :D

Lefty
01-29-2003, 01:59 PM
You guys need to go fishin:eyecrazy:

Lipripper
01-29-2003, 02:39 PM
Juro,
"BTW - Tyler 'conveniently' cropped out the caster who was dong reverse snake rolls next to me............"

Uhhh...I think you mean DOING not DONG.
Frued would have a field day with that one.:hehe:

I'm no where even close to the loop on this thread, but, I still have a tremendous amount of appreciation for the humor....good stuff.:)

LR

BigDave
01-29-2003, 04:18 PM
A disturbing version of freestyle gymnastics...

Hold on guys - spring is on the way!

juro
01-29-2003, 04:51 PM
All in good fun!

Actually, contrary to how it may appear to some, the shenanigans make the miserable northeast winter go by quicker. Why before you know it the Seattle show will be upon us, then Saltwater Edge, Mass Striped Bass, Wilmington and the casting clave, we're talking a Berkshire's trout opener in Western MA in April, and after that it gets really hard to decide which opportunity to take advantage of in May.

Besides the events, the forum staff will have their hands full with completion of fund raising, server upgrade, sponsor pages, etc - sandwiched in between the above events.

I really hope I can get that rod wrapped, I started it last winter!

My current project is to package up the raffle prizes for shipment to the winners on weeknights. Apologies to those who might be waiting for a nice package of flies to arrive in the mail... I'm tryin' to keep up!

kush
01-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Okay - it was Penguin - are we suprised?

However, this evidence does not totally clear you Juro. What is that red thing? Is that what the Big Pink looks like before it gets angry?

kush
01-29-2003, 06:34 PM
I might as well expose the last member of the "Feather Boa Gang". Even though Adrian once publicly claimed he was above such carrying on - as how he was British and all - but here is the evidence. Area 61 may not be on any map - but maybe it should be in the movies! :eyecrazy:

juro
01-29-2003, 07:16 PM
HILARIOUS!! :hehe: :chuckle:

Area 61 was in full international hospitality mode that night, a little pogie oil and those Cubanos helped set the mood as well as I recall.

OK I get it now... how much do you want for the photos... small bills in a brown paper bag... and I want the negatives too! ;)

striblue
01-29-2003, 07:37 PM
D**n...I missed that evening...why I ask myself....

Adrian
01-29-2003, 10:36 PM
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: 'nuff said :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: