Server Problems this morning... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Server Problems this morning...

juro
01-25-2003, 08:04 AM
Some of you may have noticed the server problems this morning... I've been on the phone with them much of the morning.

Upgrade would have prevented the outage, the Sphera servers did not go down as the Ensim servers did after a new switch and router was added this morning between 3-5am at the data center. We will be going with the Sphera package which allows us to load our own php package and configure services better.

Actually, I am going to let the tech guru's like Sean and Bob M decide that but from what I gathered this morning on the phone and what we faced during the last upgrade I assume this is correct.

We have exceeded bandwidth for the month by 1.7 gigabytes as of this morning but the good news is there is only 6 days left in the month. This is a lot better due to Sean's image->link change.

I will post progress on the upgrade as news is available. The important thing is to get the fund-raising completed so we can tackle this in March after the Seattle fly show, hopefully.

pmflyfisher
01-25-2003, 08:11 AM
FYI

No problems accessing from the windy city. :D

Its actually running faster than usual today for me.

PM Out

removed_by_request
01-25-2003, 08:45 AM
It didn't work when I first tried 6am CST.

pmflyfisher
01-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Chicago Tribune reports there was a big internet problem last night, some new virus slowed everything down. But not me.

PM Out

FlyFishAR
01-25-2003, 11:12 AM
About half the links to my site are down this morning. I heard something about there being another server virus that went active this morning. They said they thought it was another "Code-Red" type that took up band width on some of the servers around the world. The UK was griping about it early this morning. I would imagine that everything will be back to normal before long.

John

removed_by_request
01-25-2003, 11:12 AM
You better go buy a lottery tic. only one with no problems means its your lucky day. WOO WOO!!!

DEERHAAWK
01-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Good morning,
Slow as Moles-A**es here in river city since last night. Just went to USGS for some data, couldn't do a thing. Just like the old 386 days, was about ready to re-boot. I am going to shut down and get outside for a spell. Very mild, mid 50's, snow level at 8700' some showers, but nothing major, light wind. Good day for the Clave up north.
Later
Deerhawk