Fly Swap #2--Second Report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fly Swap #2--Second Report

striblue
01-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Here is the second report for the SHRIMP fly swap... they are due by the end of January...PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO POST FOR NOW...it will keep it orgainized and avoid me missing a message if it is placed on the earlier threads... Here is the current list... just answer this thread if I have failed to include you.. ... Slinger, Double Haul, JimS, Quentin, Shad freak, Doc Duprey, DFix, Saltydog, Tod D., Ashley, SeanM., Doogue, JimW....... 14 in all including me... How is everyone doing... Salty and Jim S. are done and I have the Flies..JimS. I will return your box with the flies. IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN...PLEASE DO BY SINGING ON HERE. Thay's it. Remember..same rules.. as before..just 6 flies..one extra for me..but that will go in a display case along with the first swap.. would like to show them off at the Wilmington Show.

Slinger
01-24-2003, 12:47 AM
John, remember, I gave you 14 shrimp and 7 half+halfs at the show?
Slinger

Adrian
01-24-2003, 03:50 AM
John

I am in on this one too - my seals fur has arrived and I picked up some nice spey hackles at the show. Gonna be busy this week-end ;)

striblue
01-24-2003, 07:00 AM
OK Adrian..got you.. also, Yes Steve, I have yours too.. Sorry.. so I have three sets..JimS, Salty and Slinger..

BigDave
01-24-2003, 09:13 AM
Please post pics of the shrimp when they're done guys! Looking forward to seeing all of your work when completed :D

ashley
01-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Just got to finish the epoxy then they'll be on there way.

striblue
01-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Forgot..from the other thread..Geoff and Tin Man are also in... When you have them done..PM or e-mail me and I will give you my address.

striblue
01-29-2003, 10:51 PM
OK..Please check the names on this thread... AM I MISSING ANYONE? Some guys have expressed an interest on other threads but this is the thread to commit... Also Recieved Double Hauls today.

Doc Duprey
01-30-2003, 07:19 PM
John,

Stricken with feelings of guilt, I realize that I have missed the last FedEx of the day. Thus my shrimp will not arrive on time. Sorry...will it screw things up if I send them Priority Mail on Friday?

Three days of fever of about 102-103 will kind of do that to a guy.

Also, I have no way of generating an electronic image, as I am way behind the times here. (Hmm...natural materials only...slow-action rods...flatwings...this guy dose sound kinda behind the times.) I will post the details, though, to keep with the spirit of things.
Best regards,

-Doc

Tod D
01-30-2003, 09:18 PM
John

Could you email me your address?

I've got shrimps ready to mail!

Thanks,
Tod

striblue
01-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Doc...don't worry... we have till the end of FEBRUARY for these..remember...... not the end of January... you guys are moving like a seal after a striper....Tod i will PM you ok?

Tod D
01-31-2003, 08:05 AM
Excellent. Thanks John!

Doc Duprey
01-31-2003, 12:10 PM
John,

Yes...but without the annoying fishy-breath.

I'll send 'em this weekend.

Thanks for doing this.

-Doc

Adrian
01-31-2003, 02:11 PM
John

I will also ship mine out this week-end - thanks for the PM

striblue
01-31-2003, 03:58 PM
Guys ..I screwed up in the first post..it is the end of February..not January.

Doc Duprey
02-09-2003, 11:34 AM
John,

Flies are on there way. Sorry for the elay...I caught strep from the kids and was down and out last weekend.

Unfortunately, I don't have a way of digitally imaging the flies here. I would be happy to post the details as we did last time. Just let me know what you want to do.

Best regards,

-Doc