Snow in Dixie [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Snow in Dixie

capt_gordon
01-23-2003, 08:58 AM
May not look like much to those in the Great Lakes and New England but any amount of snow is a big dealin coastal NC and this is a farily significant snowfall. Here is the view from inside my kitchen looking out the back yard:

capt_gordon
01-23-2003, 08:59 AM
and here is the view out my front standing on my front porch:

pmflyfisher
01-23-2003, 09:15 AM
Its usually gone in a couple of days down there, but with the massive cold front now going across the country it may not melt down in NC for a while.

Bummer, no fishing and golf in January in NC !

You can watch the Super Bowl inside like us and tie flies. :D

PM Out

John Desjardins
01-23-2003, 09:40 AM
Cheer up captain you'll be rid of it, and fishing sooner than those of us to your north.

Hal, snow is a big event down south from what I've heard.

"It snowed, Why aren't you out playing in it?" Last year that was my sisters kids reaction to hearing about snow, having lived down south for all their lives. This year they are in Connecticut and don't want to go out.

capt_gordon
01-23-2003, 10:18 AM
I think it's snowing harder now than a few hours ago...I need to move to Mexico...:cool:

pmflyfisher
01-23-2003, 10:40 AM
For the record, no snow in chicago on the ground or coming down, just 5 degrees with wind chills of -20 today, and sunny/blue skies. :D

30 degrees by Sunday they say, we don't beleive any prediction more than 24 hours out with these inland oceans around us, it can change real quickly.

PM Out

BobK
01-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Here in Upstate NY we have a good 2 feet on the level. But in the headwaters of the Salmon River (the infamous Tug Hill) they had something like 52 inches come down in one day last week! That country is brutal - Highmarket (a small town there) had the national low at - 49 degrees. Man, that's COLD!

My fishing has really been put on hold - lots of slush ice, etc. on the streams which aren't frozen over, and it's too darned COLD when the daytime high is in the single digits!

BobK

fredaevans
01-23-2003, 12:28 PM
January. Per the TV, you east coasters are getting hammered by the jet stream pulling down centeral Canadian Artic air.

Not good!
fae

SDHflyfisher
01-23-2003, 12:37 PM
[i]Originally posted by pmflyfisher
You can watch the Super Bowl inside like us and tie flies. :D

PM Out [/B]

not me. me and nbrandon are hopefully be able to go out to a secret litle spot i found have not fished it yet. i beter rememberto bring my gloves.