Prety good overview of the Rogue River. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Prety good overview of the Rogue River.

fredaevans
01-20-2003, 05:04 AM
http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/greatrivers/rogue/

Ran into this 'searching' for something else. Good descriptions of the different sections of the Rogue.
fae

juro
01-20-2003, 07:34 AM
Very informative!

I don't think it could compare to something you and your Rogue compatriots could muster though...

if you'd be interested in putting together a Rogue River Journal let me know and I will set you guys up to publish a weekly/monthly/periodic article on the topic we'd all love to read about.

willmullis
01-20-2003, 08:22 AM
Nice Article. Just one of the rivers on my growing todo list.

DEERHAAWK
01-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Good afternoon,
Good read! And only one sentence about my favorites..... yes, I sure do like that! I'm very happy fishin the Rogue secret spots and won't mind if the only one I see... is my brother, the Wolf..
I remain, a little higher in elevation, a little less "mainstem"...
Deerhawk

pmflyfisher
01-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Fred, thanks I will add this to my file with the secret map of blue ribbon pools/runs etc, time of year, species, etc. you are to send to me, and combine with my other rogue information sources. Want to be fully prepared for the big rogue trip when it happens.

Got some Rogue fly patterns to tie recently, I am sure you already have these but have refrained from disclosing them to me, can't blame you a fly fisherman must keep some secrets.

PM Out

removed_by_request
01-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Always wanted to fish the 1/2#er run on that river. Perfect for a lite spey rod.

All we have in the Great lakes is lousy 15+# fish that are hard to land.:devil:

pmflyfisher
01-21-2003, 07:14 PM
Yeah tell me about it, I bet I could go 10 for 10 on those half pounders, while here I go 0 for 10 on the big GL chromers.

PM Out

fredaevans
01-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by mjyp
Always wanted to fish the 1/2#er run on that river. Perfect for a lite spey rod.

All we have in the Great lakes is lousy 15+# fish that are hard to land.:devil:

But in talking to guys who 'focus' on them it can be like shooting fish in a barrel. Typical annual run is thousands of the things; interesting part is very few venture above the Illinois River. Doubt more than a Grand actually come up into "our part" of the river.

Who knows why?
fae