HUGE Brown Trout......... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: HUGE Brown Trout.........

FlyFishAR
01-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Last year we caught a couple of huge browns and we lucked out and happened to have a video camera with us at the time. I had the video converted to mpg and had been e-mailing some of them around. The emailing got to be more than it was worth so I finally got them posted on my website for those that are interested. (the one in my avatar photo)

There are 3 videos of two different fish. One of the videos is of a brown that was estimated in the low 20's the other is a brown that one of my client's kids caught tha was about 14lbs. The video quality isn't all that great since the camera was one that we didn't care if we dropped it in the river. I had to mix some audio with a couple of them since the sound was so bad.

The address is Fly Fishing Arkansas (http://www.flyfishingarkansas.com) Then go to Movie Gallery and click the links. A left click will play it in your browser. Depending on your preferance settings you might have to right click and hit "save to disk" to be able to play it.

I'll be posting videos on the website over the next few months. We are going to do some casting videos every weekend until we figure out how to improve the quality to something that won't crash the site but is good enough to watch. Hopefully, I will have some more videos from fishing next month as well. Last year February was a pretty good month. I'm hoping this year will be as well.

John

FrenchCreek
01-18-2003, 08:30 PM
Them thar Browns are really BigUns!
Got to get myself down to the Arkansas soon.
Great shots, keep 'em coming & good luck in Feb./03

Lipripper
01-19-2003, 01:33 AM
Will someone please pick my lower jaw up off the floor?:whoa:
I like the soundtrack!

LR

Domenic
01-19-2003, 04:47 AM
John,
I am headed down there the second week of Feb. I hope we have some low water conditions. I will be fishing that area in the mornings(depending on generation). I have caught some nice browns in that area, but not as large as those. I am the guy wearing a Red Sox hat .

FlyFishAR
01-19-2003, 07:18 AM
Domenic:

Try to drop me an email before you come down. If I'm on the river that weekend, I can at least trade you a couple of flies for a hot cup of coffee.

The fishing this year is looking like it might be some of the best we've ever had. Bring a camera.

John