Thanks Big Cat! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Thanks Big Cat!

Bill
07-23-2001, 01:41 PM
Was extremely fortunate yesterday morning - had the chance to fish Brewster flats with Big Cat and Juro on Big Cat's Aquasport.

First - the boat. That thing is a fisherman's dream machine! Sweet boat for spotting fish and casting AND it gets you back to the dock in a HURRY after you toss "one more cast" for the 20th time. I want one when I grow up.

Second - the learning. Every time I'm around members of this forum, my knowledge of this sport takes a quantum leap. I learned a ton, again, just by being around Juro, and listening to Juro and Big Cat discuss strategies. Incredible.

Third - The fishing. Awesome. Lots of big fish in plain view cruising on and across the flats prowling for bait with the incoming tide. Very skittish with casts near them, but willing to eat with good casts that lead them far enough.

Most importantly - Big Cat. Unselfish to a fault, great host, and pretty damn good angler. Thanks for a day I won't forget. You're a class act.

Bill

Bill
07-23-2001, 03:06 PM
Sorry for the earlier garbled draft of the above post. I'm sure the 8 people who read the draft I accidently posted said to themselves, "I hope this guy doesn't have offspring".

I shouldn't try to mutli-task at work.

juro
07-23-2001, 03:45 PM
Bigcat -

I echo Bill's thanks, that Hydrasport was truly a flats boat and an ocean runner rolled up into one. What a ride even on chop, and it gets right to the lip of the flat where the fish were grubbing the shallows.

Nice to see all those fish even if the sun angle and chop made the encounter a surprise to both us and the fish 90% of the time. The two 30"+ legals we did photograph and release made it a were just icing on the cake for what was already a great morning on the bayside flats.

I enjoyed spending a great morning on the water will you and Bill and hope to get out there again in the sun conditions we discussed.

thanks!