Sparky's presentation [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sparky's presentation

KerryS
01-17-2003, 09:31 AM
I attended a fly club meeting last night which featured Ryan, aka Sparky, as the guest speaker. Ryan put on a very informative presentation of new fishing gear including new rods, reels, lines, and misc. gear from various manufactures for the group that gathered. I was impressed with his knowledge of all the differing gear he presented. I would recommend him to any one seeking information on fly fishing tackle whether it is spring creek fishing for trout or saltwater fishing for tarpon.

Nice job Ryan.

fredaevans
01-17-2003, 11:28 AM
trouble tieing his own shoes. Maybe the water run a bit deeper than we all knew?:D

Actually, he's a pretty bright/knowledgable young man. But I/we can't tell him that. Would never hear the end of it.:smokin:

pmflyfisher
01-17-2003, 12:05 PM
Sparkie, a tarpon expert, wow I am impressed, thought he was a PNW trout, salmon, and steelhead FF fanatic only.

Learn something every day around here.

PM Out

KerryS
01-17-2003, 12:29 PM
I didn't mean to imply Sparky is a tarpon expert but he is knowledgeable when it come to the gear you would need to go tarpon fishing.

Fred,

I know I should not give Sparky so much praise but I kinda owe the kid. I harass him way to much and thought maybe I should give him some kudos on a job well done.

fredaevans
01-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Today he'll learn how to tie his shoes (skip the loafers), tomorrow the World!:hehe: