What are these people doing? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: What are these people doing?

Penguin
01-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Go Figure...

kush
01-11-2003, 08:54 PM
...do I need top secret decoder glasses to view this??

Penguin
01-11-2003, 09:26 PM
...I tried to include a rather unusual photo of 3 seasoned and easily recognized senior members waving feather boas in the air, attempting perfect/tight loops, and making just enough noise to attract the attention of curious/cautious neighbors.
'Still digitally challenged...

Penguin
01-11-2003, 09:47 PM
(highly credible/respected) senior members working on their technique..:hehe:

if one looks closely, one might catch a glimpse of an un-named British expatriate teetering on the front porch...

juro
01-12-2003, 08:55 AM
I can neither confirm nor deny... :hehe:

We'll have the Pete Gray Boa system at the shows for impromptu casting lessons.

Tyler I have been trying to come up with a Spey version but the anchor has been difficult so the rug pulls out from under the loop. In all seriousness I think such a training tool would be priceless for Spey casters.

Pete - that was a blast, thanks for the hospitality at Area 61! We need to get Dana out there next year.

juro
01-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Now about your sight fishing gear... as you sure peripheral glare is THAT bad? ;)

Penguin
01-12-2003, 10:57 AM
falling down alot and/or chuck n' duck syndrome

striblue
01-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Pete, I know what they are doing... It's some sort of outlaw cult ceremony?

Adrian
01-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Feather Boas, teetering, whatever next - hmmpf!!! Bunch of pansies if you ask me!! Never catching a Brit mucking about like that -what? Not Likeley!! :mad:

As for the helmet - Commandant musta been at the denatured alcohol again - chucking those Clouser Thingummyjigs - hurt like hell if they catch you behind the ear mind.

'Nuff of this nonsense - gota be off and give geraniums a good talking to...

striblue
01-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Adrian..before I quite smoking I must show you my 1902 Birmingham sterling silver cigarette case...English Hallmarks naturally... the maker, an anchor, a lion and a letter, designating date.... goes well with the ascot.... don't try and pretend you don't know me next time we meet.;)

striblue
01-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Adrian..forgot to show you incase you did not believe me...

kush
01-12-2003, 08:26 PM
Adrian... don't speak too soon:tsk_tsk:

juro
01-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by juro
Now about your sight fishing gear... as you sure peripheral glare is THAT bad? ;)

BTW - That photo was taken by Kush on his east coast visit.

striblue
01-13-2003, 12:46 AM
I hope Adrian knows I am kidding him..but the case is real..I will have it engraved CAC and ultimatly use it for something other than smokes. I know Penguin will have an idea and it not engraving it YAC.

Adrian
01-13-2003, 04:53 AM
Sorry about that chaps, my 75 year old bellicose Brit uncle got his hands on the computer somehow - he gets a bit carried away sometimes. He's not been quite the same since he went looking for that gas leak with a lighted match. I even caught him talking to the flowers the other night.:rolleyes:

Anyway, we've packed him off back to the U.K. and I'll be setting him up with his own screen name and avatar before he gets back here. He's planning on bringing his fly fishing gear so we'll probably be hearing from him on and off this coming season.

Don't worry about him - his bark is worse than his bite.:hehe: