Show Plan - Draft [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Show Plan - Draft

juro
01-11-2003, 02:19 PM
NOTE: This is what I assembled from posts. If there is anything wrong or changed since then, if you want to attend a scheduled presentation, etc - please let me know ASAP by replying to this thread. Thanks!

Presentation schedule is at flyfishingshow.com

Tying schedule is shown in announcement above.

Revision history:
01-12 am: removed DbleHaul from Sun PM shift, removed striblue from all Sunday
01-12 pm: minor edits
01-25 edited: ignore tying schedule contained herein - use separate schedule

Thursday PM

Thursday PM - pre-show setup... I don't think we are going to bother, the booth goes up quick. I might drop off the parts though. Thanks anyway John, Hawkeye.

FRIDAY

Friday AM - 8am to 11, pre-show preparation:

MEET AT STARBUCKS on right next to Boston Market before turn to plaza.

SETUP: Should be plenty of time for booth setup. Usual problems: missing stuff, run to Office Max, electrical cords, lost items from previous show, etc. Booth goes up with two-three people fairly easily.

Setup: Eddie, Dfix, Juro, Striblue, Quentin, JFBasser - meet between 8 and 8:30 in starbucks

No video for friday.

Friday 11am Open to 12:30 (90 minutes):

Tying: Striblue

Booth Staff: Eddie, Dble Haul, Dfix, Juro, Striblue, Quentin, jfbasser

Responsibilities: Book seats to tying lessons, sell raffle tickets, invite flyfishermen to join forum. Take coordinated shifts walking around to enjoy the show (alternate).

Lunch Run (take out): Panera's, Papa Ginos, McDonalds, Wendy's, etc - all less than 1/2 mile away

Friday 1pm to 6pm:

Tying: Rich Soriano (Fly Rod Reel), Juro, Striblue, Dble Haul, etc. (Order TBD)

Booth Staff: same

Missing: NO PROJECTOR for Friday, I may bring a large pc screen -or- if anyone has a flat monitor it would be ideal for the table (no room).

SATURDAY

Pre-opening 8-9: Dble Haul, Sean, Striblue, Mike Mayo (striper)

AM (9am to noon):

Tying: Capt. Ray Stachelek, Capt. Bob Hines

Booth Staff: Adrian, Sean, Juro
Free to roam: Dble Haul, Striblue, Hawkeye

Responsibilities: Book seats to tying lessons, sell raffle tickets, invite flyfishermen to join forum, FULL AM SHIFT one hour before opening to noon (4 hours)

PM (lunch to 6pm):

Tying: Capt. Stan Mackerwicsz, Capt. Ray Stachelek, Capt. Bob Hines

Booth Staff: Dble Haul, Hawkeye, Juro, Striblue
Free: Adrian, Sean

Responsibilities: Book seats to tying lessons, sell raffle tickets, invite flyfishermen to join forum, PM shift (after lunch to close, 5 hours)

SAT DINNER: Everyone's invited! (See thread)

SUNDAY

AM (9am to lunch):

Tying: Capt. Art Sawayer, Capt. Bob Hines (times TBD)

Booth Staff: Adrian, Sean, Juro
Free: Hawkeye, Dble Haul
(Enter pre-show starting at 8am)

PM (Lunch to 5pm):

Tying: Capt. Todd Murphy, Harry Koons, Capt. Gil Berke

Booth Staff: Juro, Hawkeye
Free: Adrian, Sean

TAKEDOWN

Checking posts...

Last edited by juro on 01-12-03 at 10:27 PM

Quentin
01-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Juro, I can be there early on Friday to help with set-up and other needs and to help man the booth during the day.

Not sure yet if I can make it on Saturday.

Q

juro
01-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Thank you Q!

Your help for the fly raffle is greatly appreciated as well.

striblue
01-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Well Orgainized..Juro, I will know more about Sunday on Saturday so that is a question.

Dble Haul
01-11-2003, 10:15 PM
Juro- Everything looks okay, but I have to ask you to change my shift on Sunday. I need to leave at about noon, so changing me from afternoon to morning would make sense.

Thanks.

juro
01-12-2003, 11:39 AM
Updates:

Thanks Mark - I took you off completely for Sunday so you could have part of Fri, Sat AM, and Sun AM to enjoy the show. If you get bored we'd love to have you at the booth Sun AM but as a three-day veteran it's more than we could ask.

Striblue - I took you off all day Sunday, between the Striblue display case and the help on previous days we are indebted to you once again buddy.

I can't seem to find those stray posts where people said they could help breakdown the booth...

Can people please re-post if they are going to be around for 5pm Sunday take-down? Sorry, it's very hard to organize from bulletin board threads!

striblue
01-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Juro...if necessary I will show up at 5 to help you with any take down....

Smcdermott
01-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Juro,
I can help take down on Sunday.

Sean

2HandTheSalt
01-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Juro, I was talking to Harry Koons yesterday and he told me he was tying on Saturday.

Additionally, you have, " Sat, noon-6," listed under Sunday.

Adrian
01-12-2003, 08:09 PM
Juro

I'm good Sunday to help with breakdown.

artb
01-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Juro, I will be around on Saturday to harass Bob, and Ray.:D and whatever else needs to be done, if it doesn't snow. Long drive for an old man.:eyecrazy:

BARDY
01-13-2003, 08:07 AM
Juro
I have Friday off and can man the booth or help out when needed. I will be there at around 11:00 AM.

Jdesjardins
01-13-2003, 09:41 AM
I'll try to stop in on Friday for a while & help out. I just can't say when yet.

jfbasser
01-13-2003, 09:47 AM
I am available for Friday morning @ 8.

juro
01-13-2003, 09:54 AM
Thanks to all; we are probably over-booked for Friday to man the booth (see above) but appreciate the offers just the same. You can help out by stopping by and taking a tying session in though :)

jfbasser -

Set-up assistance would be awesome, thank you. I need to check actual opening time, it may be 9am. I will post when known.

FishHawk
01-14-2003, 06:22 AM
Juro I will help with the Sunday takedown. Can't make Sat due to wedding. If need be I can man the booth between a couple of speaker that I want to hear on Sunday. FishHawk

Smcdermott
01-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Juro,
Is there anything you need me to bring other than myself and my FFF hat? I can bring my vise and tools if we need them. Also, is there anything special we need to get in before the show to set up in the morning? Will our names be on a list or something?

Sean

juro
01-14-2003, 03:58 PM
YES - this just came up with Dave Fix too...

We need a vise & tools schedule:

Friday, Saturday, Sunday:

Pedestals preferred

Count me in for one for all days.

Goal is 6-8 vises available each day.

Who can bring a vise to the show and leave it there for the day?

juro
01-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Sean -

Yes, once we have the firm schedule I will put the names on the list. We will put the guest tyers first and buy additional passes as needed for the day.

Keep reminding me of things you think of!

juro
01-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Jay -

Spoke w/ Harry, we're on for Sunday afternoon. He can't make Saturday due to some plans that popped up.

Thanks anyway for the heads up.

Originally posted by 2HandTheSalt
Juro, I was talking to Harry Koons yesterday and he told me he was tying on Saturday.

Additionally, you have, " Sat, noon-6," listed under Sunday.

artb
01-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Juro, I can bring my vice on Saturday. I will be there from 9 to about 3, because I don't know anyone that lives nearby I will have to bring it home with me. It is a traveler.:) I might be able to find another one on a pedestal that I could leave.:)

Slinger
01-15-2003, 03:01 AM
I`ll bring my Regal pedestal vise for both days, I`ll be there first thing Sat.
Slinger
PS note to self, bring vise, flies for auction, now up to 14, and flies for swap, shrimp are done.

Adrian
01-15-2003, 05:01 AM
Renz. Traveller + Scissors for Sat & Sun

Nick
01-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Juro,
Looks like I'll be around this weekend on Saturday. Need any help with anything? Sorry to keep pestering you, but don't know who else to ask?

Nick

juro
01-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Awesome Nick - glad to hear you can make it. I'm sure we can use your help!

Slinger
01-16-2003, 01:05 AM
Update on previous post, I`ll be there all 3 days and will bring two pedestal vises on Fri. for the weekend.
John, what fly will you be tying? If your gonna do Featherbrains I would like to sit in.
Slinger

jfbasser
01-16-2003, 09:37 AM
Juro,

My current plan is to be there at 8:30 on Friday to help with setup. That time works out well with my travel time and stops for Dunkin donuts coffee:D

striblue
01-16-2003, 10:02 AM
I will be there early on Friday as well. Steve, I am not quite sure which fly at this time..but we can talk it over.. I am not sure there will be a full house at that time so it maybe pretty flexable..maybe we can do all three flies during that two hours.. If it is not crowded.. I can show you all three in probably 1 hour.

Eddie
01-16-2003, 11:01 AM
I could bring a pedistal vice on Fri. Maybe I could leave it.
Also, I think that the Forum shouldn't be buying passes. It's not as if people wouldn't be coming to the show anyway. If the Forum covers it's costs and makes some, maybe a sticker or a hat as a token of apreciation.
I could see giving them to the tyers and people working more than one day.
I will buy my own pass.

Adrian
01-17-2003, 12:52 AM
I'm in - $$ for pass too - fair point Eddie.

Hawkeye
01-17-2003, 03:39 PM
I'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday. I will bring at least one pedestal vise. I will be there for the breakdown on Sunday. I will also purchase my own passes.

See ya'll there!

Striper
01-17-2003, 04:24 PM
I agree I will buy my entrance into the show tomorrow when I meet up with everyone at 0800 am. I would be buying one anyway even if I were not helping out and I don't expect for the site to pay my way, isn't that why we are doing the raffle and other stuff to generate income for the website???

Tightlines,
Mike Mayo