Another Bandwidth test [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Another Bandwidth test

sean
01-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Setting attachments to display as links rather than automatically show on the screen. I think this will help a ton as when threads develop around an image it will not get viewed over and over and over....

Just doing it as a test now and hope it does not cause that much of a problem.

-sean

FrenchCreek
01-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Over the past few days, I have not ben able to view any of the pics that have been posted. Do I need to change any settings on my browser?
I tried this morning and get a second window to popen but it is just a blank page

juro
01-11-2003, 07:41 AM
Pete -

Did you get this resolved? Haven't heard of this one yet... let me know.

JimW
01-11-2003, 09:13 AM
The speed seems fine but I have not been able to view the images. The images no longer show inline on the post itself but as an attachment. When I click on the link for the image the result is just a blank window. I think it was working yesterday from work but not from home today. I dropped the firewall and got the same results.

Not complaining just giving some feedback. Keep at it Sean, and thanks for your efforts.

juro
01-11-2003, 09:30 AM
I just tested striblue's lobster log pic - came up in a new window just fine so it's not a global problem.

What browser? ISP? Maybe in the cookie security settings?

Well, after all the fund-raising is over we might be able to flip the switch back to all pics on - but for now we believe this is making a big difference in bandwidth consumption.

sean
01-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Hmm will look around today and see what I can find out about the images not displaying on some browsers. Anyone else out there having this problem and what browser are you using?

-sean

JimW
01-11-2003, 04:55 PM
Sean,
IE6.0.2800.1160

I've turned on accept all cookies as a test, still nothing on a refresh.

Here's the url I tested with.

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk3/attachment.php?postid=59441

JimW
01-11-2003, 04:58 PM
That's funny, the url I attached is missing the s=6e018cafb2d420b85cccc246e29a42c2& It was in the text box before I hit post.

FlyFishAR
01-11-2003, 06:50 PM
The URL works fine for me. I had a similar problem once and had to re-install my cookies, and short cuts I used to various pages. I was goofing around with my security settings and moofed everything up somehow. :rolleyes:

John

JimW
01-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Sean,
The problem was on my side. Looks like zone alarm pro was getting a little over protective. Blocking private headers was the culprit. Sorry to waste your time.

sean
01-14-2003, 12:27 PM
That is good to know as a few others were having problems. Figure it was a firewall type issue.

Also I know the first version of IE6 that came out did not allow opening links in new windows. It would open a new window but the window was always blank. I had this problem and had to install an updated service pack to get it working. This could also be a problem some are experiencing.

-sean

sean
01-14-2003, 07:26 PM
For all those who are having trouble with the attachment links please try again tonight. Found some code that may be the culprit for some folks.

-sean