Moderator! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Moderator!

OC
01-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Just to let everyone know our fine moderator, Sinktip became middle aged today! Yup he hit 40 on this bright and sunny January day.

Over the last few years on the drives up to the Skagit I've had to listen to his tales of growing up in the woods of N. Idaho. It amazing he is still alive. But glad he has made it this far. If you have never fished with Sinktip then you have missed an opportunity for a great day on the river. He shares his single malt with the best of them and he can handle any barbs thrown his way. It's even fun to watch him catch a steelhead once in a while.

Happy B-day old man!

juro
01-10-2003, 04:41 PM
SINKTIP!

How damn ironic is that? My birthday too. :smokin:

Furthermore, I have a younger brother 7 years junior - same day!

Have a great birthday!

rich_simms
01-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the club, OC is on the money. Happy B-Day co-founder!:razz:

KerryS
01-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Happy birthday to you and me. I hit 50 yesterday. A lot of people lost money on my birthday. Many bet I would never see 50.

kush
01-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Duggan and Juro (and Juro's little Bro),

Congratulations! However, with all those same-day birthdays it does sound a little like you guys might be from the backwoods of Darrington? :devil:

striblue
01-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Hey...wait a minute...40 is not middle age...when I hit sixty ..that's middle age, and only the beginning.

fredaevans
01-10-2003, 09:48 PM
What's it feel like to hit that youg age marker? So far back I've forgotten; other than that's about the age I met the JoanMeister.
:confused:

Best days of my life; and it's only gotten better.
fae

flytyer
01-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Sinktip,

You have now officially entered the ranks of us "fogies". That is how my now 23 year old daughter greated me when I awoke on my 40th nearly 10 years ago. Funny thing was I didn't feel old. Still don't and I'm only 3 months from 50. Fred is right, it just gets better.

Moonlight
01-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Hope you have a good weekend on the water.

And Juro too although we did not hear a number in association with that particular post.

juro
01-11-2003, 10:01 AM
Let's just say I've beat Duggan into this world but not by as much as some of the older and wiser distinguished gentlemen who posted.

Tyler - sometimes I wish I were from the backwoods of Darrington, maybe then I could cast across the Skagit and Sauk like you and Dana!

On getting older...

turning thirty didn't really bother me... but 40 made me look in the mirror and say holy crap... I'M friggin FORTY!?! Oh well, I am over it now.

It's been said that when you turn 30, older people say "you're still young", but when you turn 40... well, people don't say that to you anymore :hehe:

Take it from an old fart like me, Duggan you don't look a day over 39!

Todd Ripley
01-15-2003, 03:18 AM
Wow, Duggan...would've pegged you for going on 50! :chuckle: :chuckle:

I sure hope I can still get around the river when I hit 40.:hehe:

Ok, ok...just kidding. Happy Birthday!!

Todd.

BigDave
01-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Happy B-Day guys!

Funny thread....It really doesn't matter how old you are as long as you still feel like you're 15 when you're on the river :D

Ol Rich
01-15-2003, 11:30 AM
My dad fished the Arkansas river in Colorado well into his 80's and I plan on doing the same here in the Northwest. I am fast approaching 70 and other than not being able to go up and down steep banks I am enjoying the rivers and streams as much as ever.

Rich

sinktip
01-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Steep banks on the Sky, hmmm where could that be :)

Doublespey
01-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Hey 'tip,

Congrats from another "old" moderator! <g>

Hope our favorite river gave up a nice chrome present for you!

As for steep banks on the Sky - don't even get me started~

:rolleyes: :eek:

hasta,

DS

sinktip
01-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Thanks Brian. Nope no birthday present, there are no fish in the river, there are no fish in the river, there are no fishing in the river...

I keep hoping though.

We need to get out and wet a line soon.

Dug