Did You Know.... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Did You Know....

juro
01-10-2003, 10:27 AM
We have an incredible amount of knowledge on this site. Something occurred to me last night - wouldn't it be cool if we had a channel for flyfishing trivia?

Here's how it might work:

1 - we appoint trivia editors who take suggestions from members or dig up trivia themselves

2 - all trivia will be saved in a database, so new members can read old trivia if desired

3 - we publish trivia items regularly using an easy publishing tool. If people send in their trivia, we should have a good backlog and not run out

4 - a "Did you know..." link will be added to the discussion board header

Trivia Editor Job Description:

Uses a publishing tool to add trivia to the trivia database using own knowledge and member suggestions. Publishes items onto the live page regularly, depending on how many there are I guess.

If this is interesting, many editors can play - the system supports it. There would have to be an editor in chief, who decides which trivia item goes to the front page each day / week / etc.

For now we can start with one trivia-savvy volunteer.

Compensation:

We will include you as a staff member in any industry perk programs we can qualify for - although we are no Time Warner just yet we are becoming more respected in the industry and expect pro-programs for editors. Editors directly affect our success by making our content better.

Any interest?

fredaevans
01-10-2003, 11:22 AM
but would like to be a contibutor.
fae

flytyer
01-10-2003, 10:57 PM
I would like to be a contributor but I have zero experience with publishing tools though I don't think I could qualify as a trivia editor since fly tying and its history and techniques is my forte.

willmullis
01-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Juro,

I will offer my programming skills.. PM me.. Sean, doogue and I are working on getting another project underway but this sounds like a pretty easy thing to get set up. Wouldn't take more than a coulple of hours.

striblue
01-10-2003, 11:36 PM
Juro..don't forget the section of Bob V's new book we need to write...BY March.....don't forget.