Fly Swap Flies Sent [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fly Swap Flies Sent

striblue
01-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Dropped all flies in the Boston US Post today so keep an eye out for them.. I had to put the contents down on a customs slip for Ashleys..let hope no greedy flyfishermen reads it... The only one I could not send is Jim Simms...Jim, I e-mailed you to send me your address..I think I must have lost it... Guys let me know when they come ...

Smcdermott
01-09-2003, 06:59 PM
John,
I got the flies in the mail today. They all look great. I received 7 flies and was only expecting six. Was this intentional? I don't want anyone to be shorted.

Sean

striblue
01-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Shawn, I think most of the guys got 7 since I did not take my share and include mine in the diying..I have a full set from the 7th fly all you guys submitted ..so that allowed me to includ a 7th... I like the way this swap worked out...

BirdFish
01-10-2003, 09:26 AM
John,
I received the flies yesterday and they were great! Thanks so much for putting this together! I can't wait to fish them!
Dave Williams

DFix
01-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Yesterday's mail. Nice work, Everyone!

Did anyone happen to off-handedly notice in the Class of 2003 class picture, the pistachio pudding green 'super-secret' :cool: material behind the pink box foam??? Wonder what ScissorHands Striblue has planned for that??? :smokin:

(John - I bought one of every color and ended up putting it away; haven't even used it yet. :eek: )

Quentin
01-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Flies received -- they look great! Can't wait to give 'em a try.

John, your "Feather Brain" got an unbiased vote of confidence: My girlfriend was there when I opened the package and when she saw the feather brain she said, "Ooh, I like this one!" I explained that the feathers were epoxied in, rather than tied in, and she said,"Wow, that really makes it look like a real fish."

Q

Dble Haul
01-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Flies were in today's mail. Thanks to everyone for a job well done. I'm sure that the fish will confirm everyone's tying talents!

Slinger
01-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Got my batch in the afternoon mail and what a purtty bunch they are!
Slinger

Eddie
01-11-2003, 01:52 PM
got'em. Nice Work!

saltydog
01-11-2003, 02:54 PM
thank you all, havent been to the shop all week, nice to see the package on the counter waiting, great job, looking forward to the next, "GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin:

Doc Duprey
01-12-2003, 02:48 PM
John,

Flies arrived and all I can say is WOW! Superb work and some really interesting variations on the theme...every one of them looks like a killer! The participants of this swap do some amazing work, and I am frankly humbled by the skill I see.

Thank you John for your organizing and meistering this show. I'm already working on my shrimps (as Emeril would say) for Swap #2. Something I think will be a little different.

Best regards,

_doc

shadfreak
01-13-2003, 01:46 PM
I recieved my flies the other day and they are great. Thanks to everyone who participated and especially John.
Larry