A Plug and A Wind Knot [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A Plug and A Wind Knot

SparseHairHackl
01-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Just can't let this go unreported...

The Clark-Skamania Flyfishers gives out a "Wind Knot" award each month for the member that made the biggest screwup during the prior month. At the annual banquet they award a "Wind Knot of the Year" for the most embarrassing of the 12 "winners".

Reading this month's CSF newsletter, I see that Rob Allen, the venerable steelhead speyfisher, ardent conservationist, and part-time indicator opponent, is nominated for the annual award!

What is Rob nominated for?

"For using his fly rod to pull plugs while fishing for steelhead."

Say it aint so, Rob--or at least promise it wasn't a Burkheimer spey!!!

--Bill

flytyer
01-06-2003, 10:59 PM
A fly rod for pulling plugs what is this world coming too? If it was for using a fly rod with worms or minnows I could understand since these are both old and venerated uses of a fly rod. However, pulling plugs is something else entirely. Unless of course some of his friends had him imbibe a bit too much single malt or Wild Turkey before leaving for fishing and as he serenely slept (er was passed out) said friends put a plug on the rod as they rowed down the river.

fredaevans
01-07-2003, 03:42 AM
Rob Allen that have fallen pray to "The Demon Rum." Has to be that, or would either allow themselves to be placed in such a compromised position.

And "DS" even allow himself to be photographed!!! A 'candid shot,' or two, at the Mustang Ranch I could understand ... :devil: