"3000th Post" [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: "3000th Post"

striblue
01-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Notice about 5 posts ago I was getting close so waited to have the 3000th post...the 3000th. To Dave Fix..now you owe me that new extra apex vise you were suppose to give to your wife....And ,if I don't get it, I will not hesitate to e-mail her a copy of this post...do I make myself clear...Dave..well..speak up...

juro
01-03-2003, 02:54 PM
Spectacular how you were able to name the exact 3000th post "3000th post"!

Congratulations John.

RayStachelek
01-03-2003, 02:55 PM
So your the dude responsible for up-gradings all the time.:smokin:

A lot of them post are good stuff.

Lefty
01-03-2003, 03:20 PM
The first guy to ever hit the first 1000 post was all that mattered. :D

Good job Stri.

DFix
01-03-2003, 03:41 PM
(For those of you who care)The following responses, taken from the thread:

" Flytalk III > Saltwater Flyfishing > Stripers and Coastal Gamefish > Fly Tying Newbie, How best to start?"; dated 21-22 NOV 2001, beginning with Striblue's antagonism:

"Dave, how does your wife like the tying vice and hat?"

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by striblue
Dave, how does your wife like the tying vice and hat?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a matter of fact, Hardcore, she had the hat on JUST last evening as she sat and tied her first BUFFY !!! (she wasn't bad, either )

"Ok ...OK... Dave... where did she find it?"

[la piece de resistance !!!]

The Campaign Desk is situated in the Sitting Room.

On the desk, among the many actively used packages of material and tying tools, sat a silver base, it's attendant pier and vise rising up. Nothing to give any sign of 'difference', really, as the desk is always busy with tying and daily activities; how could a vise look different, one from another.

As she began to fuss with the strewn materials, moving and straightening, there appeared a stem - a green stem. "Oh, what's this?" "Oh, my God, it's a rose", she exclaimed, as she swirled the feathers from her hands and down onto the desk. "Is this for me?" "Oh, no, and a card too?", as she began to chuckle, a smile beaming from her face, glowing as she discovered the envelope. Upon opening the card, she became silent and reflective. "Thank you, Hon, O, I'm so excited !" her exclamation rising with her glee at realizing the feathers, the vise, the rose and card were all for her.

As she turned, looking at me while glancing at the card, I knew I had attained a new level of Mastery :cool:

Monsieur, I need say nothing more... :tsk_tsk:

pmflyfisher
01-03-2003, 04:49 PM
John,

Congratulations on the 3,000 milestone, I guess Fred will be the next to hit the 2,000th milestone. Can't wait to see what he has planned for us, knowing Fred the planning is already under way.

Hal

PM Out

jfbasser
01-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Excellent job John....BUT... by my count 300 posts sre not official because the subject matter was "invisible":D :smokin:

Dble Haul
01-03-2003, 07:35 PM
John, very appropriate for you to put this thread in the Striper Forum. You've dispensed very helpful reports and advice here and in the archive. It's appreciated, buddy. :)

Adrian
01-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Congrats' on achieving 'tri-millenial' status John - a monumental achievement.

When you hit 5,000 we will award a special medal to adorn the Fez :)