12-31-2002, 02:15 PM
What's all of your new year's resolutions?
Mine is to try to quite working so much and spend more time with my family and more time on the water!
12-31-2002, 07:16 PM
Well at the age of 46 I have handed in my notice in the summer I am loking for work, does anyone need a speycasting guide for the summer?
12-31-2002, 10:26 PM
about moving to Oregon? I'd be you 'sponsor!' And unless you have 15 kids we've got the room.
(For a change on this one!)
12-31-2002, 10:29 PM
But we ment every word; to paraphrase an old line: "Go West Young Man."
On New Years list: Get a specific Burkie rod for the last one in the quiver.
fae ... and Joan's not peeking .. I hope?
12-31-2002, 11:06 PM
My New Year's Resolution is to get out of credit card debt...no more daily Triple Grande X-Foamy Mochas with a pastry and $10 lunches will be my start!
...im going to be fairly grumpy for a while! :mad:
Tall (doppio) Americanos are $1.80. One Walker's shortbread cookie (.50) goes a long way, total $2.30; a man's coffee and less $ than a short mocha. ;)
Best of luck with new ventures, you'd be a hit in the PNW!
New years resolutions... excluding the dozens of non-fishing related resolutions:
- complete the 10wt 4-pc VPS Sage rod I have half-built before spring
- complete the flats fly patterns I have prototyped for several years (flounder, shrimp, etc)
- develop a really solid left-side single spey for right bank upriver wind
- host my best friend (who is also my wife) on a spectacular fishing date. It's her compromise for me going horseback riding and taking dance lessons with her. I didn't negotiate well.
- Have the best year ever with my shore guiding business
- Grow a web design/hosting business I co-founded as much as possible in 2003 (Enthusist Media, a major forum sponsor in 2003).
- Big Brother II
- Seattle Flyfishing Show and Spey Clave
- Get this site on a dedicated server capable of handling videos
- An even better Boston Fly Show year than last year
- Structured Moderator Program with responsibilities and rewards defined
- Getting the annual operating costs + next years' show fees in the account ahead of time to avoid the last minute fund raising crunch
- Launching a new Professional Sponsor section, coming soon
- New Fly Archive
- Site Redesign Phase I
- Sponsors, sponsors, sponsors!
- reward program for 10,000th thread winner
- just a bazillion things as usual!
I guess it's not a reasonable thing to list resolutions because priorities change all the time and there are always too many things to get done. Nonetheless I think this is a good starting point and most of all...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
01-01-2003, 12:48 PM
I'm gonna keep this one simple......
:) :) :)
01-01-2003, 01:11 PM
Keeping things fishing/forum related...
- Help Juro have his best shore guiding season to date by booking a trip with him in late May. Juro - we need to set a date!
- Finish up some of the fly pattern archive work that I started a year and a half ago. I will be honest - my motivation to read my "PHP and MySQL Web Development" book has waned to nothingness. I may need some help from the Forum troops as motivation to finish up some of the work. Juro - maybe you can find some time during the Marlboro show weekend to discuss the back end work that I want to complete. My biggest fear is that I will come up with something that is incompatible with the site - or nothing at all.
-Dedicate a weekend a month (May through October) as a fishing weekend. I worked on my house almost every weekend last summer.
-Take my wife oversand on Nauset
-Learn the Hampton Flats here on the NH coast. No excuse for me since the flats are only 35 minutes from my house.
That is all for now - Happy New Year.
01-01-2003, 02:28 PM
1) Following on from last years health improvement theme ( it's now 350 days since I quit smoking), onto phase II.
Got a head-to-toe physical 6 weeks back and I'm now into week five of a committed personal trainer work-out program. Losing about 1.5 lb per week and developing muscles where I didn't know you got muscles. Guys, you won't recognise the new physique on the flats this coming summer :D
2) Spend more time fishing and exploring by Kayak - I really only scratched the surface in '02. I'm planning a week on the Cape this year in June around the full moon instead of chasing Bones in the tropics - so - helping Juro hit his goal sounds good to me too!!