New Year's Resolutions? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: New Year's Resolutions?

willmullis
12-31-2002, 02:15 PM
What's all of your new year's resolutions?

Mine is to try to quite working so much and spend more time with my family and more time on the water!

Willie Gunn
12-31-2002, 07:16 PM
Well at the age of 46 I have handed in my notice in the summer I am loking for work, does anyone need a speycasting guide for the summer?
Malcolm

fredaevans
12-31-2002, 10:26 PM
about moving to Oregon? I'd be you 'sponsor!' And unless you have 15 kids we've got the room.
(For a change on this one!)
FAE/JEE

fredaevans
12-31-2002, 10:29 PM
But we ment every word; to paraphrase an old line: "Go West Young Man."

On New Years list: Get a specific Burkie rod for the last one in the quiver.

fae ... and Joan's not peeking .. I hope?
:eek:

NrthFrk16
12-31-2002, 11:06 PM
My New Year's Resolution is to get out of credit card debt...no more daily Triple Grande X-Foamy Mochas with a pastry and $10 lunches will be my start!

...im going to be fairly grumpy for a while! :mad:

juro
01-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Sparky -

Tall (doppio) Americanos are $1.80. One Walker's shortbread cookie (.50) goes a long way, total $2.30; a man's coffee and less $ than a short mocha. ;)

Malcom -

Best of luck with new ventures, you'd be a hit in the PNW!

---------------

New years resolutions... excluding the dozens of non-fishing related resolutions:

- complete the 10wt 4-pc VPS Sage rod I have half-built before spring

- complete the flats fly patterns I have prototyped for several years (flounder, shrimp, etc)

- develop a really solid left-side single spey for right bank upriver wind

- host my best friend (who is also my wife) on a spectacular fishing date. It's her compromise for me going horseback riding and taking dance lessons with her. I didn't negotiate well.

- Have the best year ever with my shore guiding business

- Grow a web design/hosting business I co-founded as much as possible in 2003 (Enthusist Media, a major forum sponsor in 2003).

FORUM-related:

- Big Brother II

- Seattle Flyfishing Show and Spey Clave

- Get this site on a dedicated server capable of handling videos

- An even better Boston Fly Show year than last year

- Structured Moderator Program with responsibilities and rewards defined

- Getting the annual operating costs + next years' show fees in the account ahead of time to avoid the last minute fund raising crunch

- Launching a new Professional Sponsor section, coming soon

- New Fly Archive

- Site Redesign Phase I

- Sponsors, sponsors, sponsors!

- reward program for 10,000th thread winner

- just a bazillion things as usual!

I guess it's not a reasonable thing to list resolutions because priorities change all the time and there are always too many things to get done. Nonetheless I think this is a good starting point and most of all...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Dble Haul
01-01-2003, 12:48 PM
I'm gonna keep this one simple......

FISH MORE!!!

:) :) :)

doogue
01-01-2003, 01:11 PM
Keeping things fishing/forum related...

- Help Juro have his best shore guiding season to date by booking a trip with him in late May. Juro - we need to set a date!

- Finish up some of the fly pattern archive work that I started a year and a half ago. I will be honest - my motivation to read my "PHP and MySQL Web Development" book has waned to nothingness. I may need some help from the Forum troops as motivation to finish up some of the work. Juro - maybe you can find some time during the Marlboro show weekend to discuss the back end work that I want to complete. My biggest fear is that I will come up with something that is incompatible with the site - or nothing at all.

-Dedicate a weekend a month (May through October) as a fishing weekend. I worked on my house almost every weekend last summer.

-Take my wife oversand on Nauset

-Learn the Hampton Flats here on the NH coast. No excuse for me since the flats are only 35 minutes from my house.

That is all for now - Happy New Year.

-Mike

Adrian
01-01-2003, 02:28 PM
1) Following on from last years health improvement theme ( it's now 350 days since I quit smoking), onto phase II.

Got a head-to-toe physical 6 weeks back and I'm now into week five of a committed personal trainer work-out program. Losing about 1.5 lb per week and developing muscles where I didn't know you got muscles. Guys, you won't recognise the new physique on the flats this coming summer :D

2) Spend more time fishing and exploring by Kayak - I really only scratched the surface in '02. I'm planning a week on the Cape this year in June around the full moon instead of chasing Bones in the tropics - so - helping Juro hit his goal sounds good to me too!!