Sunday Rip Trip [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sunday Rip Trip

juro
07-13-2001, 06:25 AM
I haven't heard back from Keith yet but...

Please reply here if you are interested and I will take this list against the priority mentioned earlier (paid up, signed up, new) and post a list accordingly.

Click here to check the latest ROSTER...

>> SUNDAY JULY 15th - POINT RIP ROSTER (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/Pointrip2001/roster7-13_10am.htm)

The highest 10 on the list will go if the boat does not get cancelled. You can get bumped if someone higher up decides to go. We should set a deadline for registration - any ideas? How about Saturday 7am - 24 hours prior? OPINIONS???

It's safe to say those who did not pre-pay will not make the cut this time. You will be considered in future trips once those who have prepaid have their crack at the seats on the Rip Ryder though.

Once again reply here if you are interested in running your name through the selection process and are certain that you will be able to make the trip if Keith says GO. Selection is based on (a) first paid (b) first signed (c) spaces left over.

Weather looks promising. Be aware of possible long walk (happened once out of several trips).

talk later

MarkDoogue
07-13-2001, 06:30 AM
My dad and I are in for Sunday if the weather gods smile on us.

Nick
07-13-2001, 07:02 AM
Juro,
I'm in for Sunday. What time does the boat depart?
Nick

Craig
07-13-2001, 07:59 AM
I'm in!

Adrian
07-13-2001, 08:19 AM
Hey, don't forget me!

juro
07-13-2001, 08:28 AM
Nick (07-13-2001 08:02 a.m.):
Juro,
I'm in for Sunday. What time does the boat depart?
Nick

7am sharp, be there at 6:30am. You are high on the list because you paid early.

Reno
07-13-2001, 08:44 AM
Please count me in. I'll definitly be there.

MarkDoogue
07-13-2001, 09:36 AM
Thanks for putting us in, Mark! We'll be there!!

juro
07-13-2001, 09:44 AM
Take a look at the roster at the top of the thread. Anyone in the prepaid list can bump anyone below them by committing to show up.

Each time we run a trip, the prepaid list is the high priority list, and those who have not prepaid can take any open spots leftover.

You can see how much this helps me organize. I directly downloaded this table and it took a minute. I know some of you do not like to use credit cards on line but this system is the same one millions of people use everyday on E-Bay. We should vote whether checks can be used in the future, I have no idea how to prioritize them and running to the bank physically, etc is a little more than I can handle. Opinions welcome.

striblue
07-13-2001, 10:25 AM
I am committed

Ishmeal
07-13-2001, 12:06 PM
John...You SHOULD be committed!
I'll be down for Sunday/Monday unless the weather REALLY tanks and will bring the YAK just in case...
LET'S GO FISHING!

Roop
07-13-2001, 12:49 PM
I'm committed.

Roop

striblue
07-13-2001, 01:53 PM
Let's all get committed! After the rip trip that is and a potential second walk. By the way ,I bumped into an old friend at the Hyannis airport last week who was a former flyfisherman and now wonders around airports panhandling for Bird groups.... well the word is.... he was captured by the birders on south monomoy and tortured for months by being forced to watch still slides of ,"The Wonderful birds of North America" over and over again for months on end along with a continuous taped lecture... well needless to say... I don't want that to happen to anyone ... so my message from last time still goes.

Craig
07-13-2001, 02:28 PM
Striblue:

Don't forget who it was that did most of the walk with you last time and as we came upon corner after corner of coastline, only to find there were still miles to go, I was there to encourage you on. So when we come upon some of those wild beach babes you talk about, will you be there for me? ;-)

Craig

FredA
07-13-2001, 02:34 PM
Just in case - Commited.

juro
07-13-2001, 03:04 PM
REMINDER

If you are prepaid and expressed interest you should be marked SUN on the ROSTER (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/Pointrip2001/roster7-13_10am.htm). This does not guarantee your seat until 7am tomorrow. Anyone higher on the list who decides they want to use their prepaid spot will bump those below him/her. In other words, the top ten names marked SUN will be confirmed as of 7am Saturday morning.

I hope that is clear.

JimW
07-13-2001, 08:39 PM
I just got back from a week on the cape. Looks like a full boat and then some at this point. Hope the weather is good for you guys...

Since the Log marking base camp was absent this year I left a folding chair out there, (translation: I didn't want to carry it back 8 miles) please feel free to use it. You'll find it under 6" of sand @
41.5420138 N
70.0097516 W

:)
Lots of backing !

striblue
07-13-2001, 10:04 PM
Jim, it looks like I'm chaperoning Sunday. Juro can't make it.. I will firm things up with Keith tomorrow. I am in Chatham right now. Jim... I will bring my GPS and use that chair and put it back in the same spot.

juro
07-13-2001, 10:16 PM
That it too cool Jim!

I have some family debts to pay this weekend, and actually going to work a bit too. I might sneak out in the wee hours but closeby and not for the whole day.

I'll make up the fishin time next weekend. GOOD LUCK, the rip should visit you promptly this time around.

bcasey
07-15-2001, 10:22 AM
I blew it, I diden't check the computer the last few days and I did not realize that I had committed to the rip trip until now, 11am sunday morning. I hope I diden't screw things up for someone else! I've been on vacation this past week and I've been lax in my web activities. I'm real sorry if I messed up for someone else. And, I can't believe I could be at the rip right now instead of here at home, doing the honey do list, S**T