Montauk...Where to fish? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Montauk...Where to fish?

Jimmy
07-12-2001, 07:21 PM
A friend of mine is heading to Montauk this Saturday. He's been a fresh water flyfisher all his life. But after a few stories about stripers on the fly, he has decided to give it a shot. Good decision if you ask me. He's leaving for a week of family fun in the sun. Armed with one of my 9wt setups, he has set out on an Odyssey from which there is no return. The problem is, where does he fish? I told him to check a few of the local shops in the area, but the vast knowledge of my fellow FFF members is in great need. So help me out guys. I see a future claver in this guy. All it's gona take is 1 fish. He'll be hooked for life.
Thanks for your help in advance,

Jimmy

juro
07-12-2001, 08:55 PM
Just had a chat with Glen Mikkleson (Atlantic Flies & Guide Services) and he'd be glad to work something out for your buddy. He's coming on as a sponsor and a complimentary 1/2 day shore trip on Montauk Point (weather and availability permitting) is most likely do-able during this coming week.

Glen can be reached at 631-878-0883, you should get in touch and make arrangements. In addition to Montauk, Glen does Guided Half-Day and Full-Day Fly Fishing on Long Island's North Fork, the South Shore from Jones Beach east, and on the North Shore from Sunken Meadow Beach east.

Let me know if you have any questions.

striblue
07-12-2001, 09:59 PM
Jim... what weeks are you going to be on the Cape.

Jimmy
07-12-2001, 11:21 PM
Thanks Juro. I'll get in touch with my friend and try to work something out.
John... I'll be in the Cape July 28th until Aug 18th. I'm ready,willing and hopefully able. I can't wait. LET'S GO FISHING!

Jimmy

FishHawk
07-13-2001, 05:28 AM
I have fished Sunken Meadows which is a good place with public access. I have friends who live in Smithtown which is near there. A guided trip would be the best bet and surely hook this guy for good. Hope to see you on the Cape and maybe a Rip trip durning that time.
FishHawk

Jimmy
07-13-2001, 09:26 AM
Called Glen and left a message. Contacted my buddy and gave him the low down. He's psyched! Thanks again for the help. I do believe we have another convert.

Jimmy