12-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Here are Sean's....Please type in receipes on the next post..Thanks

Smcdermott
12-31-2002, 02:19 PM
Hook: Tiemco TMC 811S, size 2, 4, or 6.
Thread: Danville's fine monofilament.
Wing: Shrimp (light tan) Polar Fibre.
Flash: Silver Gliss 'n Glow.
Eyes: Silver prismatic stick-on type, size 11/2.
Braid: White E-Z Body Braid, medium size, or a similar braided tubing.
Head coating: Devcon 5-Minute Epoxy

1. Tie in the desired length of Polar Fibre below the hook shank

2. Tie in more Polar Fibre above the shank. The wing material should completely surround the hook. Leave a little room behind the hook eye so that you can tie on the braid later

3. Tie in short pieces of Gliss 'n Glow (or a similar tinsel) on the bottom half of the fly. The flash material should reach almost to the bend of the hook.

4. Whip-finish the thread and cut it. Cut a piece of E-Z Body Braid that will reach from the hook eye to just before the bend. There are two white strings running the length of the braid. Remove one of them; leave the other one in the braid. Slide the braided tubing over the hook with the remaining white string on the underside of the fly. Attach the tying thread behind the hook eye, tie down the front end of the E-Z Body, and then whip-finish and cut the thread. Stick the eyes on the head. Mix up a batch of epoxy and coat the entire surface of the braid. One coat produces a fly with a textured, scaly finish; two coats make a smooth finish.

juro
12-31-2002, 02:21 PM
Awesome fly and great instructions! THANKS!

Smcdermott
12-31-2002, 02:26 PM
Since the swap I have been playing with this pattern to come up with a Silver Side imitation. I wanted something for fishing ther breachways for Little Tunny. This patter uses olive over chartreuse polar fibre and some green gold polar flash. The main new addition is replacing the tinsle tied in on the bottom with holographic tissue paper. It is a bit of a pain to cut and tie in but I think it really makes a good imitation of the mirror like belly of the silversides in the breachway. I am still figuring out the lighting with the pictures so hopefull it is clear.

Sean

Quentin
12-31-2002, 03:27 PM
Very nice Sean! That's a dead ringer for the silversides. Check your knots and leader before you toss that one into the breachway!