Saltwater Fly Swap-Part 1---Final Report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Saltwater Fly Swap-Part 1---Final Report

striblue
12-29-2002, 09:58 AM
I will start Photoing the flies today and post the individual submissions on separate posts...I would ask each participant to type in their receipes on the next thread in the photo post for our archives. We are still waiting for DFix and Shadfreak who have indicated I should get them soon.. I want to divy them and send them this coming week ,probably on Thursday or Friday coming. I need Shad and Fix to e-mail me and let me know if they are in the mail. I can not divy them until I get theres but can at least begin putting them on the board. I was going to do One of the flies alone then as a group..but I think I will do them as as agroup for EACH participanr and them one final with one fly from each participant as a group. That display will be one of the displays for our booth at the Marleboro show. To Joe W.-I will include some extra flies from me as we agreed for the fly roosts but just put them in one mailing. Any Questions... use this thread. Thanks

shadfreak
12-29-2002, 03:03 PM
John
They are in the mail and you should get them on monday.
Larry

Quentin
12-30-2002, 08:57 AM
WOW! Great flies everyone. Looking forward to receiving them! Bring on round two!

Q

striblue
12-30-2002, 09:32 AM
Q..This morning I thought Iwould now do a closeup of each one...for some reason my computer was thinking all over the place..on some posts it took the 5.5 inch photo as in Ashley's and Sean's, on others it would kick it back saying it was to big so I had to reduce them to 4 inches..that's why they don't show the detail I wanted.

jimS
12-30-2002, 02:58 PM
John, what a great idea for a fly swap and accolades for being the meister. The photos have already given me some new concepts to try. Can't wait to see the actual flies.

Simms