Speyfly Rondtable [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Speyfly Rondtable


speybum
12-29-2002, 07:39 AM
wE ARE ADDING A NEW ROUND TABLE

Speybum(aka Aaron Reimer) and Speyman (aka Jack Cook) will be hosting a monthly Spey Tying Roundtable on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. We will meet at River Run Anglers at 3946 Tolt Ave, Carnation WA. It will run from 6:30-9:00pm. No experience necessary. Bring simple or complicated questions, new materials or your latest pattern. Bring a vise and tie up a fly or two while we chat.

Best of all it is FREE!
Donations for Washington Trout will be accepted

Speybum & Speyman

:smokin:

TerryD
12-30-2002, 11:15 PM
Speybum, count me in.

rimmy
01-01-2003, 08:11 PM
THAT SOUNDS GOOD . TELL JACK TO BRING SOME OF LONG SPEY HACKLE !! OR MAYBE YOU HAVE SOME OF IT IN STOCK !

fredaevans
01-01-2003, 08:16 PM
to drive to attend. Savages!

:(

fae

removed_by_request
01-02-2003, 04:11 PM
A whole lot closer than Hal and I.

Why does all the good stuff happen out there??? :confused:

pmflyfisher
01-02-2003, 07:57 PM
We are spey pioneers here in GL country. Perhaps they will write about us in the first GLs steelhead spey fishing book. :chuckle:

PM Out

removed_by_request
01-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Dam thing will probably be forewarded by MS. That would bum me out.

I need to get you up to Milwaukee pronto.

flytyer
01-03-2003, 01:13 AM
Speybum,

I really want to get to the spey tying round table because they are one of my favorite flies to tie and fish. I feel that I have a lot of knowledge on various spey tying techniques, tricks, and shortcuts that would be of value to others that I would like to pass on. Unfortunately, I cannot make the one on the 15th of this month because I must travel to Washington, D.C on the 15th for an all day meeting with the Commissioner of the Head Start Bureau (Wendy Hill) and her Program Specialists to find out what Congress and the bureaucrats of H.H.S. have in store for Head Start Programs this coming year. It is a meeting that I must attend or I will be in trouble since they are going to impliment a lot of changes that the Head Start Grantees must do this year, and this is the only forum that will be held to find out about and offer some input to Wendy regarding the changes.

Perhaps I will be able to make the spey tying round table on the 3rd Wednesday of February. At least it looks like I will be able to do so at this time. Sorry I'm missing out on what I'm sure will be an enjoyable evening.

speybum
01-05-2003, 03:36 AM
Flytyer,
I mentioned to the Speyman about having a quarterly Spey Roundtable on a Saturday during the day.
We are going to keep up with the month Schedule and see where it goes from there.
Please let us know you view.

Fred,
Do not worry it is just a little drive. What do you think of the Saturday idea ???

MYJP
Mark you will just have to suffer.
Would be great to have you for one the Claves or Speytable.

PMFLYFISHER
You just have to keep working on the tradition.

Speybum
:devil:

flytyer
01-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Speybum,

A Saturday Quarterly Roundtable is an excellent idea. I suspect that there are others like myself who are an hour or so from Carnation that would find a Quarterly Roundtable on Saturday to be a good thing as well. Besides, it would then give me an excuse to get to fish the Snoqualmie. Thanks for being willing to do so.

removed_by_request
01-05-2003, 06:52 PM
So Aaron, if I make it up for the clave are the cigars and scotch on you?;) Or do we enjoy Fred's booty?

Just checking buddy.

pmflyfisher
01-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Maybe us GLs speyers could conference call in or see the minutes of the meeting ? :confused: :chuckle:

PM Out

removed_by_request
01-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Hugh Falkus would roll over in his grave!!

speybum
01-07-2003, 06:46 AM
MYJP
If you make it out for a Clave I will buy the Scotch and Cigars.
I let Fred buy if you make it to the Sandy.

Been doing a little scheming and I must say something is a foot.

Speybum:devil:

skyrise
01-08-2003, 09:17 PM
Have a request. How about taking some pics of the new ideas (flys) and posting them on this board for the members who cannot make the meetings? Or is that too much of a pain?
Just a thought. Even though i live close enough to go, its not always easy these days to get away. Heck just getting out to fish sometimes is hard.
thanks.

fredaevans
01-09-2003, 12:43 AM
"Fred,
Do not worry it is just a little drive. What do you think of the Saturday idea ??? ''

But short of "death and taxes,'' the JoanMeister and I will be at the Sandy Clave in May. Also, don't forget the So. Oregon Spey flingers will be hosting the 2'nd Annual Charity Spay Clave in a couple of months. Good food, good d... , ah heck, you all know we'll "do it up brown."
:smokin:

Some talk about mini-claves down 'our way;' very cool as the number of spey rods being sold down here has jumped exponendentily. ( Well, that spelling sucks.)

Very interesting in the few short years I've been in the Medford area; 4 years ago most of the folks 'down here' may have read about a spey rod, but few had ever seen one. Gather the sales of same have become a big bucks item.

Word has it, and good news there, is the BobMeister is leading the pack in providing the rods for the 'new-comers.'
fae

speybum
01-15-2003, 09:37 PM
I would like to take time to post more but we are busy with our round table.
Take solace there will be a round table ever third Wensday of the month.

Fred and Malcom
Just for you we are working on the Willie Gun Spey

More larter
Speybum :devil: