Flukin,Flounder, Clouser. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Flukin,Flounder, Clouser.

saltydog
12-27-2002, 05:23 PM
A friend of mine fishes for FLUKE ,FLOUNDER, he has a soft plastic product on the market for them. an always wants me to come down to TORO an fish w/him so this season I going SURPRISE him an bring my fly rod an go FLUKIN. so here is the FIRST ONE SO FAR. I took 2 pic's so you can see the olive feathers on the back.
'GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN" :smokin:

saltydog
12-27-2002, 05:25 PM
PIC NO.2 FLUKIN CLOUSER:smokin:

striblue
12-27-2002, 06:01 PM
Rich, wounldn't you go with the clouser... I remember the only time I caught fluke was by accident by striping very slowly for stripers and have a fluke grab it.. It would seem the top fly would have to swim to high in the water colomn or that hook will get pretty dulled.. I am sure fluke will leave the bottom but not sure when or why.

Joshr
12-27-2002, 06:11 PM
I think it's 2 pics of the same fly, John. Anyway, I have caught tons of fluke while bumping chart over white clousers for bass. But they will also come up and take a fly close to the surface in relatively shallow water.

-JHR

Slinger
12-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Got a mess of fluke on Clouser`s this season. They`re suckers for a chartruse and white Rats Ass in 10-15 ft of water.
Slinger

saltydog
12-29-2002, 10:39 AM
STRIBLUE, JOSHR said it, the 2 flies are the same, just turned over to see the feathers, if you notice the eyes are tied on the bottom it's just a BIG FLATWING clouser, for FLUKE,FLOUNDER:D
"GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin:

striblue
12-29-2002, 05:32 PM
Right..got it..wasn't sure..