BABY gold/brown sandeels [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BABY gold/brown sandeels

saltydog
12-23-2002, 06:20 PM
:D I did up some SMALL epoxie sand eels, they are almost 2 inchs long, did them on a no.1 hook used the same colors that was on the ANCHOVIE fly. (NO marabou) . my fingers are to BIG for these little guys, the next one WILL be at least on a 1/0 I know sandeels should be GREEN in color BUT the ones where I have caught some 40"+ stripers were GOLD /BROWN in color. well heres the pic. not a real good pic, did it under a floresent bulb, an it bleached the color out .
"GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin:

striblue
12-23-2002, 10:47 PM
Nice display Rich..You know that the color is fine in some locations on the Cape according to Juro..who has switched his fly colors depending on where he is fishing..When I am with him in Chatham he goes the chartreuse, green,type colors,,, your colors are his choose elsewhere.

saltydog
12-24-2002, 02:15 PM
Striblue, I did some outher same color BUT w/ ribbing it's clear an round on one side an flat on the outher, left them at the shop. Ill take a pic of them friday an post I just got a great fly from a swap in N.J. W/ SUPERHAIR an something called REXLACE. as body Ill have to get some at the CRAFT SHOP this week, an Ill do some up, the fly is 8-9" long an olive /clear superhair. nice looking eel.
have a good holiday,
'GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN"

FishHawk
12-25-2002, 06:55 AM
Nice job. I has luck with very small Decievers when fishing for sea run trout. These small sandeels should be deadly. Is it possible to get a closer shot? FishHawk