Worldwide Holiday Card [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Worldwide Holiday Card

Dble Haul
12-23-2002, 11:37 AM
Let's see if we can get some momentum here.....

This board is worldwide, so let's see if we can get some folks from around our country and the rest of the globe to chime in with some holiday cheer. I'll start. Don't forget to include your location!

Happy holidays from central Connecticut to all of our Forum members. I hope that you all have a safe and enjoyable holiday season, and may next year's fishing season be everything that you hope for.

:D

Lipripper
12-23-2002, 11:57 AM
HOLIDAY CHEERS FROM WEST MICHIGAN!
Tightlines in 2003!!!

John

fredaevans
12-23-2002, 12:23 PM
MAY YOU ALL HAVE THE BEST OF HOLIDAY SEASONS!!!

Fred/Joan Evans
Ashland (Southern) Oregon

To each and everyone; please give your loved ones a Huge Hug from both of us!!
:D

BARDY
12-23-2002, 12:29 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

I hope you find plenty of great fishing gear under the tree this year

Brian O'Connor
Sudbury, Ma

craig
12-23-2002, 12:49 PM
Have a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone.

Have a great 2003 season!

Craig
West Boylston, MA.

KerryS
12-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Kerry

Along the banks of the Skagit River
Sedro Woolley, WA

Willie Gunn
12-23-2002, 02:38 PM
Happy Christmas and a Good New Year.

Malcolm

DFix
12-23-2002, 02:41 PM
[With appropriate attributions to the Leatherneck, stationed on Okinawa, who penned this]

HE LIVED ALL ALONE, IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF PLASTER AND STONE.

I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE, AND TO SEE JUST WHO IN THIS HOME DID LIVE. I LOOKED ALL ABOUT, A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE; NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS, NOT EVEN A TREE.

NO STOCKING BY MANTLE, JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND, ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES OF FAR DISTANT LANDS. WITH MEDALS AND BADGES, AWARDS OF ALL KINDS, A SOBERING THOUGHT CAME THROUGH MY MIND.

FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT, IT WAS DARK AND DREARY. I'D FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER, ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY. THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING, SILENT, ALONE; CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME.

THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE, THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER; NOT HOW I PICTURED A UNITED STATES SOLDIER. WAS THIS THE HERO OF WHOM I'D JUST READ - CURLED UP ON A PONCHO, THE FLOOR FOR A BED?

I REALIZED THE FAMILIES THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT.

SOON, ROUND THE WORLD, THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY, AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.

THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR, BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS, LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.

I COULDN'T HELP WONDER HOW MANY LAY ALONE, ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.

THE VERY THOUGHT BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE; I DROPPED TO MY KNEES AND I STARTED TO CRY.

THE SOLDIER AWAKENED AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE: "SANTA, DON'T CRY, THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE - I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM, I DON'T ASK FOR MORE; MY LIFE IS MY GOD, MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS."

THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP; I COULDN'T CONTROL IT, I CONTINUED TO WEEP. I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS, SO SILENT AND STILL, AND WE BOTH SHIVERED FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL.

I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE ON THAT COLD, DARK, NIGHT, THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR SO WILLING TO FIGHT.

THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER, AND WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE WHISPERED "CARRY ON SANTA - IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE."

ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH, AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT."

(DbleHaul - that made it worth it)

From some of the best hull-bangin', rock-infested water on the North Shore - peace on earth, good will toward men.

Happy Holidays to All.

Out.

FrenchCreek
12-23-2002, 02:50 PM
Merry Christmas to all from

"No Snow on the ground Calgary"

FredA
12-23-2002, 03:21 PM
Best wishes to all.

Adrian
12-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Seasons grettings, best wishes for a safe and happy holiday and new year - from Fairfield County CT.

willmullis
12-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Greetings From Cincinnati, OH

Have The Happiest Of Holidays!

juro
12-23-2002, 06:30 PM
Happy holidays to you and yours from Boston! This is a great idea and I look forward to seeing how far and wide the greetings can go this holiday season.

kush
12-23-2002, 07:54 PM
To old friends and new friends and those still yet to come, Sandi and I wish you and your families a Merry Christmas and Happy and New Year!!

From North Delta, B.C.

Tyler and Sandi Kushnir

Hawkeye
12-24-2002, 08:17 AM
To all, all the happiness and joy the world has to give. And just to be clear, that includes plenty of tight lines.

rel1
12-24-2002, 08:21 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from SE Mass. Ron

pmflyfisher
12-24-2002, 08:25 AM
Best wishes for the holidays and the new year

God bless and protect the armed forces of our countries defending freedom around the world.

(Its a lonely feeling being in a foreign land for the holidays which I did a couple of times in my USAF tour).

Update: 1-3 inches of snow predicted its starting to come down now, looks a white christmas after all !! The new pup huskie can play in the snow tomorrow. :)

Hal, Beverly, and sons

Chicago, Illinois

USA

John Desjardins
12-24-2002, 08:25 AM
To all happy holidays from Worcester county, MA .

striblue
12-24-2002, 09:13 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR, AND PEACE ON EARTH. .. From Boston and Cape Cod ,Massachusetts.

RayStachelek
12-24-2002, 10:54 AM
May you and your families experience the visions of peace, joy and the spirit of Christmas. May that extend throughout the year and on the water too. Rhode Island

Now back to gift wrapping.

How many of you gift wrap packages with fly tying materials?
Do you use Pliobond or some other adhesive on knots?
Is 3/0 thread strong enough to hold most boxes?
How do you get the whip finisher under the wrappings? :hehe:

Ray

sean
12-24-2002, 11:29 AM
Happy Holidays from Seattle.

My first full year with the board has been a blessing. Looking forward to many more to come.

-sean

Jere Eshelman
12-24-2002, 11:38 AM
Thank you all for the Joy this board has brought to me through my first year of surfing thru your posts. Fishermen (and women) are in general a happy and helpfull breed, and this group is exceptional. I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of you, and look forward to expanding that number.

My Holliday Wish is that you all find the Fellowship of this Forum as rewarding as I have throughout the year to come.

Treat the next guy you meet on the water like he's one of us.

Lefty
12-24-2002, 12:31 PM
Peace and goodwill from the Noah Shoah just above Boston, Ma.

Lefty

DEERHAAWK
12-25-2002, 03:25 PM
It is Christmas Day, the presents all open
I look forward to Spring, and Trout I'm a hopin

Bright little Rainbows, and quick little streams
(Did I detect a 5 wt. in Santa's machine?)

May you be of Good Cheer, may you be Merry
and may you catch fish, from the dell to the derry!

Happy Christmas from the Great North West!
Deerhawk

Capt. Mel Simpson
12-25-2002, 09:22 PM
Happy Holidays from the West Coast of Florida!

I hope the lights right and the wind is in your favor.

Whiskey Dick
12-26-2002, 01:01 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Central Oregon.

Quentin
12-26-2002, 07:50 AM
Happy Holidays from Berkshire County, Massachusetts!

Q