Hey Mr. Evans - Guess What ?? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Hey Mr. Evans - Guess What ??

pmflyfisher
12-18-2002, 03:02 PM
Fred,

PMs within 29 posts of the 2,000 post mile stone. It just kind of crept on me.

Thanks for inspiring me to my max potential with your creative incisive replys.

Will have to plan something special for the big 2,000 th.

Any suggestions that you can advise on in a public world wide fly fishing forumn let me know?

Other wise just PM me. :chuckle: :chuckle:

PM Out

John Desjardins
12-18-2002, 03:57 PM
7/2/2004 23:50 with 4794 posts apiece.
Thats when I have you catching Striblue in the post #'s race. :devil:

fredaevans
12-18-2002, 04:18 PM
5 of the magic number cut off his access.:devil: Make him changes board registry and start over. Now that would be a public display!:D

We've also got to take away his office internet access.
fae

Dble Haul
12-19-2002, 09:03 AM
Jeez John, don't feed the monster. He might think that the post count actually means something. :razz: :devil:

John Desjardins
12-19-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Dble Haul
Jeez John, don't feed the monster. He might think that the post count actually means something. :razz: :devil:

Your right there goes the signal to noise ratio. :chuckle: :chuckle:

pmflyfisher
12-20-2002, 08:21 AM
Well it looks like I will hit the 2,000 mile stone this weekend and definitely by christmas.

I attribute it now to all of the private messages, you know they count to your post numbers.

Would think 2,000 would at least get me to "Returning Adult" andramous fish status ?

Have to go and prepare for the 2,000 post it has come sooner than I expected.

Happy Holidays to all !!

PM Out

P.S. Fred, if they adopt your suggestions I will have to revert to the other boards I am a once in a while poster to. You know my motto is "never assume anything is given" and "always have your back up contingencies in place, tested, and ready to initiate". We all could be gone in a NY internet second. Same applies to my steelhead fly fishing trips always think through your alternatives before executing your strategy. :devil:

fredaevans
12-20-2002, 09:40 AM
Atty's to have any #2 lead pencils.

"P.S. Fred, if they adopt your suggestions I will have to revert to the other boards I am a once in a while poster to. You know my motto is "never assume anything is given" and "always have your back up contingencies in place, tested, and ready to initiate". We all could be gone in a NY internet second. Same applies to my steelhead fly fishing trips always think through your alternatives before executing your strategy."

Now the rest of us would have said something simple like: "lets have a Plan B."

:smokin:

pmflyfisher
12-20-2002, 12:37 PM
Lawyers get paid by the number of words you know.

PM Out

fredaevans
12-20-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by pmflyfisher
Lawyers get paid by the number of words you know.

PM Out

You have all been warned!! Hal will do anything to get that 2,000th post.

:D

Which I just noticed he's three short; Sean cut off his Avitar!!!!
fae

Dble Haul
12-20-2002, 02:54 PM
FWIW, private messages do not count towards the final post count. I whipped off a dozen the other day regarding the warmwater fly swap, and it didn't change a thing.

If they did count, we'd all have much higher numbers.

pmflyfisher
12-20-2002, 05:38 PM
Your right they must have turned it off to prevent me from reaching 2000 faster as Fred suggested. Could have sworn they were being counted though a while back. But whose counting.

Oh well this will be # 1999 now, you will just have to wait until I post the 2000th which I am not yet prepared for but I will be soon. Got to clean up the fly tying bench to begin the puppy proofing process. Don't want that siberian pup to be eating up my good fly tying materials next week.

Yes I did see the comments about my fishing hats in the other thread and remember, I do not forget.:razz: :razz: :devil: I just don't want to answer it now and waste the 2000th post.

Happy Holidays to all

PM Out

Dble Haul
12-21-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by pmflyfisher
But whose counting.

Hal, I think you know the answer to that question. :p

fredaevans
12-21-2002, 09:10 PM
Several e mails from Hal today ... but not #2,000 post. What ever it will be, he's going to pontificate on some thing. Sigh. But in the intrim; we can pound his a.. into the ground.

At Cyberspace wonderful!:devil:

pmflyfisher
12-22-2002, 09:54 AM
I'm Back

In quest of the 3,000 post milestone, one must always have stretch goals.

But like a returning wild steelhead, "I remember".

But I also have a sense of humor and can forgive.

PM Out