Marlboro is a GO [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Marlboro is a GO

juro
12-18-2002, 10:00 AM
I received a confirmation from Barry and Chuck that we are good to go. Thanks to those who have made it possible; also please keep in mind we are still about 40% from covering the cost of the event. Please take part in the auctions, raffles and pro-tying sessions if you can to make up the balance.

I am taking volunteers for booth attendants / tying session rectruiters - spread the word, get people signed up for the tying sessions. You will have a staff badge at the door and we will split the shift so you work half the time and enjoy the show the other half.

Also: Thursday night setup volunteers (2), Sunday evening take down volunteers (2)

I have recruited several pro-tyers (still confirming) and we will be offering reserved seats soon.

General idea people are always needed and welcome.

More to come shortly...

striblue
12-18-2002, 10:02 AM
Excellent!..my past post still stand on contributions...

juro
12-18-2002, 10:05 AM
Thanks Striblue!

Say why don't we join forces and bid on the next charter in the ongoing auction? That way we put our two cents in and get a great fishing trip at the same time!

Or how about a frequent flyer card on the Rip Ryder, good for 10 round trips?

Equipment like a Lamson Velocity v4 and spool as well.

I will put up the other items when I get a chance, hopefully this evening.

John Desjardins
12-18-2002, 10:11 AM
Count me in for the Thursday night setup.

Dble Haul
12-18-2002, 10:16 AM
I'm there both days. I saw in another thread that only Striblue was mentioned for tying flies....I'd like to see some more of us (myself included) do some as well to fill in the time between the pros. Is this okay? I remember several of us tying simultaneously at the MSBA show and it worked out really well.

Who else from out of state is staying over on Saturday night? Let's get a room or two and share some costs. :)

juro
12-18-2002, 10:19 AM
ALL WHO ARE STAYING..

Please let me know! We have special discounts that are very affordable at the Royal Plaza itself as exhibitors... but HURRY!

juro
12-18-2002, 10:20 AM
Yes, members will be tying throughout the show! Love to have you clipping and snipping away!

Dble Haul
12-18-2002, 10:39 AM
Juro- Thanks for the quick response. I am a definite to stay over on Saturday night, so you can start the list with me.

Striper
12-18-2002, 11:49 AM
Juro,
I have done this Marlboro Show many times over the years, last year I went there by myself and never met up with anyone.......:( I would be more than happy to come up on the weekend and work the booth with you, I could tie my Albie fly, and maybe some other basics, might be alot of fun and would be real nice to see you again. Are you going to have your laptop and projector setup like you did at Newport last winter? That was very COOL! and I think very innovative. I always love to talk about fishing anyway and if you could use the help I woud be more than happy to join you in the booth, I would probably already be there anyway so why not help out as well. Could maybe even stay the night and help both days if you need me to. Let me know, and I will warn the boss ahead of time:).

Tightlines,
Mike Mayo
striper@optonline.net

Smcdermott
12-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Juro,
I can help man the booth Saturday and Sunday and help with Sunday take down.

Sean

Adrian
12-18-2002, 01:37 PM
I am there for Saturday and Sunday - already got a good deal on accomodation.

I can help with Sunday take-down and help out with funds shortfall.

Do we want to do flyers/handouts - the ones we had at MSB show were pretty cool? If we need bulk printing I can get a couple of hundred done at a local kinkos - or might even be able to cajole someone at work for a contrib. to their fav. charity - just shoot me a PDF/email attachment or let me know.

I Will bring fly-tying kit and some stuff for raffles.

Any more thoughts on a Saturday evening get together?

Really looking forward to this one!:smokin:

Hawkeye
12-18-2002, 03:04 PM
I will help on Thursday - actually I will help out any day.

I did the flyers for the MSBA show and would be happy to do up a bunch for this show. I can also do up some nice name badges as well.

I'll bring my tying gear.

Doc Duprey
12-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Gentlemen,

Dates and times? I would love to help out / tie / get coffee / whatever, if "in country". I just need date/place info so I can arrange travel with Mrs. Doc and the Doc-lings.

Would really like to be there and help out. This board is a lifeline for those of us in NJ, and I would really like to help.

Just let me know.

Best regards and Happy Holidays!

-Doc

FishHawk
12-19-2002, 05:49 AM
I could also help with the Sunday takedown if needed. Can't make Sat but will be there Sun. Let me know if you need and extra hand with the takedown. FishHawk

juro
12-19-2002, 07:08 AM
Sounds like we have plenty of support; I will put together a schedule.

Jan 17 - 19th
Royal Plaza Convention Center
Marlboro MA

Just off 495 in Marlboro MA

Specific info: http://www.flyfishingshow.com

Nick
12-19-2002, 09:49 AM
Juro,
100 boxes en mi casa. I PM'd you about it, not sure if you got it.

Nick

DFix
12-19-2002, 10:32 AM
I am offering my services for the day, Friday, start to finish.

Eddie
12-19-2002, 05:55 PM
Juro, give me a call either on my cel of land line. PM me if you need the #'s again. Eddie

Chris
12-29-2002, 07:51 PM
Send me a new graphic for the boxes and I'll get the decals done. The same size square one will work fine. You may want to try a new image for this year. Make it in reverse image. and send it on.
I'll mail them to you. BTW, I can make it Saturday, I'll gladly help on the Wilmington tear down, if it happens.

Smcdermott
01-07-2003, 11:50 AM
Juro,
With the show less than two weeks away, should we put together a schedule and think of any additional items we may need. I would be happy to help compile in any way I can.

Sean

MarkDoogue
01-08-2003, 05:25 PM
I see Dave Fix will be around on Friday, any others?

I'm off that day and will be at the show to try and beat some of the crowds. I can't do the weekend at all as of right now.

Mike won't be able to make it because he'll be in CA for a friend's wedding. I'm not sure about my Dad, though. He'll probably make an appearance.

FredA
01-08-2003, 06:00 PM
I'll be there Saturday. Sure would be nice to see Daddy Doogue.

BARDY
01-09-2003, 08:36 AM
I am going to be there Friday and can work the booth some of the afternon.
Brian

juro
01-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Bardy -

I'll bring the atlas you bought that day at EMS. Sorry I didn't have the chance to mail it. :rolleyes:

BARDY
01-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Hey Juro
Just got yoou PM. I will see what I can do on Sunday. Thanks for bringing the atlas to the show. See on Friday I hop.
Brian

BARDY
01-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Sorry about the spelling. I was in a hurry to go to lunch