Chatham Light--7/8 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham Light--7/8

striblue
07-08-2001, 09:39 AM
The weather is like late September. Worked the outgoing tide this morning ,beyond the point. Met up with Fred and Jack White. White hooked up a 27 incher and I got a 30" and lost another that felt bigger. A local guy named Bob, whom I have known for years, picked up 10 legals and over legals in spinning gear. Met Juro at Monomoy coffee and then left.

Lefty
07-08-2001, 02:06 PM
John,
Been following your reports all week,druel.
Are you finishing up a vac. week? Or..if your sticking around I feel a cough coming on.

Lefty

juro
07-08-2001, 02:58 PM
Worked a few nice rips and shoals a ways up the beach and over a bit from where John was. Lucked out again, got into multiple legal bass with the tops being around 37" within 3.5 hours fishing before I had to run home.

Lost a few that I could not turn in the rip, came unbuttoned while there was so much line out all I could see was green backing into the rip.

They were eating sand eel patterns with a vengeance.

John - great having coffee with you at Monomoy Coffee Shop, another great weekend for the books.

striblue
07-08-2001, 03:22 PM
Terry, yes, I have to go back to work next week then back down next Friday for two weeks.. then back for one week and back down here for the second week of August. Juro.. nice to have coffee and what a day you had... I will be with you next Weekend that's for sure.