That back issue I was looking for has been located. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: That back issue I was looking for has been located.

Ken D
12-12-2002, 06:17 PM
As per my last post on the request thread, the text from page 31 onward can now be revealed...it is a tutorial with the late Syd Glasso and Pat Trotter on spey fly construction: conventional, and the Glasso variation. It's illustrated with fine b/w drawings. In a later STS issue somewhere in the 80's, is a similar article, this time with 3 actual photos of flies that appear to be Glasso's. Thanks to the moderators to allow me to request the magazine on the forum. KD

pmflyfisher
12-12-2002, 07:18 PM
I am going to have to check all of my old STS magazines from the 80s and early 90s which are stored away. Bet there are some good old articles in there like this one. Thanks for the reminder now to add to my growing list of winter fly fishing tasks.

Have a good holiday !!

PM Out

Poul
12-12-2002, 07:24 PM
Ken:

That article, along with another one of Bill McMillan's is the reason I didn't want to send you my copy!

Poul

Ken D
12-12-2002, 10:34 PM
**perk**....Bill McMillan..... Hmmm.....like pmflyfisher, I'll have to rummage !!! I did not take a subscription back then...just bought issues I felt had interest for me. The other spey fly article is in August of 1985's issue....page 60. It only shows the conventional spey method, not the Glasso variation. SO, Poul, me son....which issue is Mr. McMillan in? cheers....KD :-)

Poul
12-13-2002, 05:29 PM
Ken

At page 37 you should find McMillan's "Steelhead on the Floating Line, Part 1: effective methods for cold, heavy river flows"

Poul