Doublespey Busted ... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Doublespey Busted ...

Bob Ball
12-11-2002, 09:46 PM
On his annual brat fest with Jeff & myself on the coast.

Give me some feather flingers for ten hours and look how much we can corrupt them :eyecrazy: :smokin: :whoa:

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/boardpix/doublespey.jpg

And there's more!

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/boardpix/doublespey2.jpg

Thanks fellas, perhaps we'll do one more time next year :tsk_tsk: or perhaps a little earlier with your more typical approach! :hehe:

fredaevans
12-11-2002, 10:07 PM
Well done Bobbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

He/we will never, ever, never-ever allow him to forget this post.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

This I shall save for future, ... how shall we say? ... financial enrichment.

Blackmail is a good thing.
:smokin:

Really great stuff.
fae

NrthFrk16
12-11-2002, 11:24 PM
I havent laughed this hard in a long time!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

pmflyfisher
12-11-2002, 11:45 PM
ROTFL :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Great job, looks like fellow forumn fly fishers which have been caught coming out of the closet for a day.

Got to get some of those glow in the dark boot eyelets, getting those things threaded before dawn breaks, it getting really difficult, especially when it is 30 degrees or less and you are standing on ice.:whoa:

PM Out

Jeff
12-12-2002, 12:19 PM
I knew this would happen when I started hanging out with guys that swing both ways.

Thanks for a great day Bob. My one gear trip a year was a memorial one and got some fish for the freezer. I highly recommend Bob's Walking float trips.

JJ

sinktip
12-12-2002, 12:31 PM
It is so sad to see a couple of friends go bad. I feel we as a community failed them somehow. It is clear to me now that Nancy Reagan was wrong, it is not enough to Just Say No To Gear Fishing! The allure is too stong. Much like demon rum and evil crack, gear fishing ruins lives. Let us just remember our two friends like they used to be.

I will tie a fly for both your souls. :(

st:hehe:

Jeff
12-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Maybe a half dozen black Scampi and a half dozen Instant Karma's would help. :hehe:

We did at least float fish. kind of like dry fly fishing right?????????? :D

fredaevans
12-12-2002, 03:19 PM
That was the part that hurt the most. Drift rods AND floats AND pink worms.

I shuddered at the thought; where is Haig-Brown when you need him the most?:whoa:

Jeff
12-12-2002, 04:08 PM
Not Pink worms underneath the float. :)

I did just order 5 haig-brown books to read over the holidays does that help.

It could be awhile before we see time on the water again.

JJ

fredaevans
12-12-2002, 06:30 PM
And the reading choice(s) will reinstate a portion of your lost soul.
:D
But "gut goo" and a half inch of pink yarn ... you got a long way to go. I'd recommend you send everyone on the board a crisp $10.00 bill and we'll quite hammering on you.:smokin:

kush
12-12-2002, 07:25 PM
I feel like I've been stabbed in the back:whoa: both of these guys slept in the Martini Bar this past fall! And here I thought the smell was that somebody had stepped in something along the river.:confused:

I'm shocked, dismayed and generally confused - I need to go away and ruminate over this, maybe a good single malt will help. On second thought I'm sure some Darrington moonshine might be more appropriate:smokin:

Scott K
12-12-2002, 08:43 PM
Rumour has it that these guys are so bad at what they do they need to jump in a bath of tomato juice at the end of the day.

Dana
12-12-2002, 10:05 PM
...we know these are really pictures of Ryan and Bob that Bob doctored up with Photoshop.

Right?

Right?

I'm right...right...?

kush
12-12-2002, 10:11 PM
I think their names are Bubba and Jethro.

sinktip
12-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Rumor has it that both were seen at Ben Howard yesterday trying to spey cast a chrome and pink Hot Shot. An empty bottle of shrimp oil was found there when they left.

NrthFrk16
12-13-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Dana
...we know these are really pictures of Ryan and Bob that Bob doctored up with Photoshop.

Right?

Right?

I'm right...right...?

I would never do SUCH a thing!!!! :mad: I am as purist as they come...you know it, I know it and everyone knows it!!! :tsk_tsk:

pmflyfisher
12-13-2002, 06:27 AM
In GLs country these types of local yokal anglers are called Cletus and Clyde.

If one of those R.H. Brown books you have is "The Master and His Fish" make sure you read the last chapter "Ethics and Conservation", multiple times.

Its amazing the articles in that section were written in the early 1960s and should be mandatory reading for all fisherman no matter what method they use.

R.H. Brown is probably the one deceased fly fishing icon I would want to spend time fly fishing with if I had my choice. Quite a visionary and man he was. Others candidates are Lee Wulff and suppose there are others but Mr Brown comes immediatedly to mind.

One of my traditions is to pull out this book every December and reread most of it. Some great fly fishing, ethics, conservations and andramous fish thoughts are contained in it. It has become kind of like my fly fishing bible.

PM Out

P.S. Yes Ryan we know you are of the highest ethics, but "indi" fly fishing ? Come on up to us swingers its a higher level of fly fishing in IMHO.

fredaevans
12-13-2002, 01:15 PM
but I've see Joan do things with Photoshop, et. al. that would make your head spin. Toooo easy if you're a tad "creative" at point, click, cut and paste. She has one great winter photo of the two of us on a balcony over looking the Swiss Alps.

Closest I've ever been to the place was about 33,000 feet ....... straight up. :devil:

Doublespey
12-13-2002, 04:55 PM
Hmmm . . . as moderator of this board it sure was tempting to delete this thread! ;)

Bob's a great guy to spend a day on the river with and, as you've probably guessed, has a wicked sense of humor.

But he's not the only one who knows how to use PhotoShop :devil:

Guess I'll have to post my pictorial "What Olympic Peninsula Guides Really Do when their Rivers are Closed" on that other site!!

Damn . . . all my coworkers and I laughed our a##es off over this one! Kudos to The Big One!

Bubba aka Doublespey

fredaevans
12-13-2002, 06:03 PM
Everyone's already cut, pasted and saved the whole thread. Your Toast!
:D

PS: Did forget to add: "turn-about is fair play."