...Chatham Light 12 Dec 02... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: ...Chatham Light 12 Dec 02...

Penguin
12-10-2002, 06:55 PM
As I drove around town I couldn't help but notice...The Right Honourable Mayor of Chatham is certainly demonstarting the holiday spirit by letting that outlaw biker gang spend the holidaze at the CAC in his absence...No worries (They promised to pick up the beer cans before moving on!)
The water was cold/gin clear and the tide low and flat with an offshore breeze making it feel like December. Big Girl hasn't changed THAT MUCH...lots of low tide access to the outer bars...only 100 yards to the bar right in front of the beach...A few seals and some water foul moving about...
Next Spring I hope to get some aerial Area 61 "keyhole" shots for comparison to better see if things are moving and how fast.

Saw some birds busting on something behind Goose Hummock's near the Town Landing in Orleans...could be wintering schoolies (?)...

jfbasser
12-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Glad your keeping an eye on the place Pen. I hear the the Right Honorable is getting a biker jacket for Christmas to go with the invisible waders!

striblue
12-10-2002, 10:39 PM
Good report Pete, I was think that there have not been great changes but lets see what the full winter brings. The bikers are friends of mine, wanna do something bout it????:hehe:

Slinger
12-11-2002, 01:12 AM
Don`t challenge the great flightless one! saw him take on a monster retired marine Sat. at the den. It took big cahones to tell him that joke about the sailors dance.
Slinger

FredA
12-11-2002, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry I missed storytime Saturday at the Den. I was on the way down there when the wife said I had to go grocery shopping.

Walked the beach on the bayside a couple of weeks ago. Things have flattened out a bit, as they always seem to do with this incessant wind out of the north this time of year.

Adrian
12-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Thanks Pete:D

Brings back pleasant memories ........

Penguin
12-11-2002, 05:23 PM
...The formidable Marine who was kind enough to see the intended humour in my little story was also considerate enough to not crush me like a bug...HooRah!
I hope we can do a few Brewster flatzz/Monomoy sorties when Spring turns out to be the bright light at the end of the upcoming Winter tunnel...
Rolando...Don't be a stranger!
Let's go fishing!:cool:

craig
12-12-2002, 09:44 AM
Never mind about the bikers, what about the biker chicks! They must be the same chicks that hang out around the South Monomoy Rip that Striblue is always talking about. He must have finally found them out there and now there at his place for the winter :chuckle: .:chuckle: .