Northeastern Region Flyfishing Show [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Northeastern Region Flyfishing Show

juro
12-07-2002, 12:12 PM
The Marlboro Show will take place on January 17,18, and 19th - a little over a month away!

With Seattle (Feb) and Wilmington (March) on the agenda this year, not to mention the casting clave and at least one tying get-together, we will have a fairly busy winter.

Since we invested the time and money into a display booth last year the key issue will be booth rental costs and vounteers. Therefore we can give it a shot and see what happens.

Please participate in the auctions and show your support - Marlboro or Bust!

Voice your opinions on the Marlboro show here - should we go for it??

SDHflyfisher
12-07-2002, 12:48 PM
any time that i am in the area i will volunteer but the shows are nowhere near me sorry

JimW
12-07-2002, 01:05 PM
Unless sales, raffles, hats, and member signups are forecasted to meet or exceed the costs, Iíd pass on it and go for one show per coast. Is it Marlboro that has the attached pub? If so, that might be a good gathering point J. The MSBA show had a great turnout. Iím not sure I want the booth in my garage from March Ė August again :devil: but Iíd be willing to help out with that show.

If we had a bunch of guides and shops who wanted some exposure at the show but didnít want to foot the $800 cost of a booth. A $50 fee would allow them to put a stack of cards and fliers on the table, maybe on a little rack or something. They wouldnít get site sponsorship for $50. For local guides or shops it would hit the target market group for real cheap money as far as advertising costs go.

Just my 2 cents guys. It would be great to have some presence at Marlboro but it seems like a lot of cake if proceeds from the show, (not site sponsorship) donít offset the costs.

striblue
12-07-2002, 04:15 PM
Juro, as I di last year..I will help with Money, Time, flies, etc....

Adrian
12-07-2002, 06:31 PM
Like John, I am up to support Marlboro this year time, cash whatever..

auctioneer
12-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Your offers are appreciated! You can get something great while contributing at the same time... take a look at the auctions page:

http://flyfishingforum.com/publicmarket/winter2002/auctions.htm