Saltwater Fly Swap-Part 1--Second Report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Saltwater Fly Swap-Part 1--Second Report

striblue
12-02-2002, 02:59 PM
OK..I am starting a new thread to keep this manageable...Right now I have 4 sets of Flies. From Slinger, Joe Wojtan, Jim Simms, and Double Haul..... Doc Duprey and Ashley are done and have asked for the mailing address. Mine are done.... Now ,just to clear up some potential confusion that may have effected DFix. The game plan is to have then "distributed" before the end of the year...since the second fly swap would begin on January 1,2003... the Shrimp Pattern... So please get them in to me atleast in the next three weeks..you guys can do that I know it...seven flies in three weeks...no problem.... 2 or 3 per week and there you go! Now, incase anyone forgot... we have the following I have not heard from yet.... Shadfreak,Sprocket, Salty Dog, SMcdermott, Quentin, Dfix , Birdfish and Eddie. MCorder had to bail out. That makes 5 sets in my possesion, 2 on the way, 8 to go.

Quentin
12-02-2002, 06:01 PM
John - I expect to have mine done by the end of the week. Please send an email or PM with your mailing address when you get a chance.

Q

Smcdermott
12-02-2002, 07:26 PM
John,
I have been working on my epoxy skills over the past couple weekends so I think I am getting to the point where I have something worthy of being traded. I will try to perfect them this weekend. Sorry for the delay...learning curve!

Sean

striblue
12-02-2002, 10:39 PM
No problem Sean..that's why we have fly swaps not just to tye and trade..but to learn from each other. so , Don't worry about the timing just trying to keep reminding everyone.. Also, we have a new member who is in the swap group..MarkNY.

BirdFish
12-03-2002, 11:39 AM
Hi John,
My flies are tied. Please send me your mailing address. Thanks.
Dave

striblue
12-03-2002, 12:03 PM
Dave, I e-mailed you my address from your e-mail addresss in your profile...so let me know if you don't get it for some reason. Also, First Light Anglers is starting their weekly tying sessions on Tueday nights... will you be attending? I will be there starting next week.

BirdFish
12-04-2002, 09:28 PM
Hi John,
I did not get your e-mail. Please let me know how to get in touch. I am going to try and make it to First Light next Tuesday. Tuesdays will work out better for me.
Dave

striblue
12-04-2002, 10:16 PM
Dave, I PM'd and sent an e-mail tonight with my address..but if you have them done, just give them to me next Tueday at First Light...if you want.

striblue
12-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Doc Duprey's came in today...keep them coming guys...thanks

Sprocket
12-12-2002, 05:38 PM
John - mine should be in your possesion by now - mailed 'em last week...
Let me know if you didn't get 'em.