12-01-2002, 01:26 AM
Have some cash burning a whole in my wallet...well not really but I do think if the Stock Market continues with this upward trend, I will have enough by next summer...
Anyways, was just kicking around the idea of putting together a trip down the Dean...dont know muvh yet aside from the fact that its a fly in show, raft your way down, fly out and runs around $1500/person....I believe.
Drawing permits have to be in somewhere around Febuary and was just wondering if there was intrest...
12-05-2002, 11:41 PM
If I was in my twenties, ( I am 55 in good shape) you were doing the rowing, and had floated this river at least once before, I would probably take the risk and go for it.
I am sure there is some significant white water on the Dean, how do you adequately secure multiple spey rods in a raft ?
I am sure there are some younger adventerous serious steelheaders that will be interested.
This would be a August or September trip I suspect.
12-05-2002, 11:51 PM
You know you want!! ;)
You dont trust me???....well I actually I dont blame you if you dont! :)
Anyways...have heard this some decent whitewater on the Dean but nothing a semi-experienced oarsmen with a little headsup cant handle...
Adventure is good!
And it would be an August trip...if we get drawn for the dates I want.
12-05-2002, 11:58 PM
I will check it out and find out how dangerous the white water is on the Dean. I understand that it is all wilderness there so if something happens there is no road to walk to etc,,,
Its call the mounties heli rescue copters I suspect and hope they take AMEX to pay their large bill.
Yes I was adventerous in my younger days, white water, down hill skiing, heli skiing etc....
And are the steelies there really the strongest in the world is the big question.
12-06-2002, 12:37 AM
A place for the Satellite Phone to shine...
12-06-2002, 12:57 AM
Just recieved some excellent info (THANK YOU!!!) and it sounds like there is only a couple nasty pieces of water that are easy to line a boat through...
And I was also informed that the price is much less then what I thought it was and I am more excited then ever!!
Will get in touch with the other member(s) that were intrested...
It sounds like that 3 people may actually be the best way to go...
05-06-2003, 03:52 AM
You still into going?????? I am not going this year but am able to give you all the info you could want and more. I can walk you through the drift with GPS coords for rapids, runs and campsites. All I would wish for in return is someone to help steepen my learning curve on the NF of the Stilly. Sound like a fair swap Ryan?
Tin Pusher is my job, Not gear choice!
05-11-2003, 03:07 AM
The white water is not too bad, if you know what you are doing. The only problem is that a raft loaded down with gear is not very responsive. There are quite a few bears, so you will want to have some way of hanging your food at least 30' high.
05-13-2003, 01:12 AM
I decided against as I just could not get the commitments from everyone that I needed...there is always next year...and well, the Skeena this fall!
Thanks for the offer though!!!!!...and if you need a hand or two on the Stilly, just shoot me an email and I'll be more then happy to do what I can for 'ya! :) :)
05-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Someone emailed me looking for info on the Dean. My computer hard drive crashed and I lost your name. Email me again for info.