Rouge Fish Count Backlog [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rouge Fish Count Backlog

pmflyfisher
11-30-2002, 08:32 PM
fyi

Ran across this today. And I thought I was behind schedule in my job.

Fred we will have to be suspicious of those Rogue fish counts from now on. :chuckle:

This poor fellow needs some educated help.

But its a good problem to have these days.

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2002/1121/sport/stories/02sport.htm

fredaevans
12-01-2002, 10:30 AM
fish count is behind the times. Fellow must be bug-eyed by the end of the week. Gad, 18 tapes behind ... no surprise there.

You can get the "most current" information by calling 800 472 2434 for fish counts (more than a month old) or CURRENT info on river flows, temps, etc.
fae

DEERHAAWK
12-01-2002, 05:33 PM
Good day,
It seems to me that there should be some enterprising STUDENTS OF FISHERIES etc, etc. at our local colleges that would love to do something like this (extra credit, thesis, etc. ) Or some retired fishing club members with time on there hands. Just looks like there are some options other than tossing Jacksons at it. This baby has Potential written all over it for someone. :confused:
Deerhawk

pmflyfisher
12-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Deerhawke,

I agree, would think the Oregon DNR should look into this, after all the Rogue is a world renowned andramous fishery which brings angler tourist revenue to the state.

Fred may want to give them an email on that. Ask them what they are paying per hour, tell them there is an over worked stressed out corporate manager you know that may be available. Ahhhh, a job just looking at salmon and steelhead all day I wonder how long I could take that?

:eyecrazy:

P.S. Fred I tried to change the misspelling of Rogue in the title but the edit function does not allow you to fix that type of error. Please don't hold this against me.

fredaevans
12-02-2002, 03:52 PM
"Fred may want to give them an email on that. Ask them what they are paying per hour, tell them there is an over worked stressed out corporate manager you know that may be available. Ahhhh, a job just looking at salmon and steelhead all day I wonder how long I could take that?"

they have a medical/dental plan? Who cares if I mis-identify every third fish. At least the "totals" would be right.:devil:

Only problem is 'person' is probably sitting in a dark office someplace so he can't sneek his rod over the side ..... But, you could always do this at home in your jammies and fuzzy slippers and call in the results.
Double :devil: :devil:

pmflyfisher
12-02-2002, 07:54 PM
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: