Bluefin rumors from the beach in Rhody? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bluefin rumors from the beach in Rhody?

Striper
11-27-2002, 10:40 AM
I am hearing some nasty rumors of Bluefin right off the beach in South County in the last couple of days?? Anybody hear the same thing?? The fish are 75-100 lbs. and chasing big schools of Blueback Herring that have moved into the surf in Rhody. Boy what a way to end the season catching a bluefin off the beach...................... If the weather was better I would think about a last gasp assault with the boat up there on Saturday but alas the weather gods are conspiring against us once again.

Tightlines,
Mike M.

P.S. Bob Pink this is your territory buddy!!! Would love to hear if somebody has confirmation or if this is just a bad joke!!

artb
11-27-2002, 08:56 PM
:) Striper, I can't confirm Bluefins at the South County Beaches, but I do know of Giants about a mile off Block Island on Nov.25. I posted under Bluewater. A friend had them around his boat for about 15 minutes, wouldn't hit anything he had. Happy Thanksgiving guys, and Gals.

HLDFlyguy
11-28-2002, 09:26 AM
I can tell you the Tuna were there on Tuesday, I watched them crash bait about 250 yds off Narragansett Town Beach on Tuesday afternoon. What a season this has been