Saltwater Fly Swap-Part 1-1st report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Saltwater Fly Swap-Part 1-1st report

striblue
11-22-2002, 12:03 AM
Ok...things are starting to fall into place... Just received Steve's (Slinger). Bueatiful classic surf candies.. 7 of them. Also, Joe Wojtan has his ready for mailing. Since you guys are doing 7, I intend to take each 7th fly and place them in a display case to be shown at our booth at one of the shows...if we have a booth this year. I will post pictures of all of them when I get them all. I will also post the instructions and any other message I recieve from the participants .e.g. Steve wrote about what fish, etc. he used them for, and other matters. I will post one picture of a close up of one fly ,then post a pic of all 7 together, and finally one of each all together in the display case. Lets go to work guys... see if you can get them in ASAP before things get to busy around the holiday...Picked the surf candy first since it is also a quick fly to tye as a first round.... Shrimp next, which really should show some different styles... the third swap pattern really should be any fly that you conside an original from you... I am saying this now so that if you don't have one...start thinking of one that only you have developed...NO COPIES... That should be fun to see what everyone comes up with... I am thinking of a unique Flounder fly for stripers. P.S. Don't be surprised if you see your unique original fly in a published book from the FFF about members flies. How would that be as the ultimate fund raiser for the Forum.

juro
11-22-2002, 06:28 AM
I am thinking of a unique Flounder fly for stripers

Let's compare notes, this has been one of my goals for a long time and this winter is the one. Other than the accidental flounder (a broken crab fly) I haven't been able to figure out the best way to do this.

Sounds like the swap is taking off... great stuff, I can't wait to see the recipes!

jared
11-22-2002, 09:04 AM
there's a great flounder fly being tied by a guy up in New Hampshire (I think)....can't recall his name at the moment....but will figure it out eventually.

-j

striblue
11-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Yes Juro, Maybe that instructiuon is to tough...so maybe it should be "unique" instead of "original" but in fly tying I think they both mean the same thing. By the way I received back an e-mail from Dick Brown who is telling me he is having a hard time figuring out how to post on our board. I will send you a copy of his e-mail and hope we get him to join up on the Bonefish Archive. He gave me a nice complement on the bonefish flies he did see which I had copied from his book.

Dble Haul
11-22-2002, 10:02 AM
John, you probably noticed from my Sea Candy post that all of my tying is done....I just need to get the epoxying finished. Now that things are settling back down, I should be able to get that done this weekend.

striblue
11-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Today I got back from work and I see that Joe W's flies are in..not only that, but each is individually packed in plastic with a real nice cardboard seal with Joe's name and it says " Saltwater Flies"..."Tied by Joe Wojtan". Bueatiful candies with matalic paint.. One for me too:) . The instructions are all typed out and I will copy it verbatim when I post all the flies... Keep them comming boys...I would love to get them divied ,sent, posted before Jan 1 if we can.

Doc Duprey
11-26-2002, 11:20 AM
John,

Four day weekend coming up, so they should be outta here by Monday mail call. Thanks for putting this together!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Best regards,

-Doc

Sprocket
11-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Hi John, I sent you a PM - mine are good to go. I've got to write up the cards now...

striblue
11-26-2002, 01:47 PM
Todd, I PM'd My address, let me know if you don't get it...

striblue
11-29-2002, 08:01 PM
OK... got JimS 's and Double Haul's today... you guys are something else... perfect fly's in individual boxes from each of them... The way they are presented would make any auction without a doubt. Both included typed instructions. We now have 4 sets in, 5 including mine... keep them coming guys.... These fly's are excellent from all 4 participants..

Doc Duprey
12-01-2002, 11:44 PM
John,

Flies drying...need address.

Best regards,

-Doc

striblue
12-02-2002, 12:11 AM
Doc..I just e-mail you my address..let me know if for some reason you don't get it.

ashley
12-02-2002, 03:04 PM
Mine are nearly done,where do I send them?