Fly Fishing Forum banner

Oregon / Nw

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pmflyfisher 
#1 ·
Good Day,
I hope you all are catching some fish! Here's a brief up-date. Our rain kicked in on Nov.6. Costal Rivers like the Wilson, Nehalem, Umpqua, and Rogue saw jumps in flow of 50 to 2500 cfs. Most of the recent rains have been concentrated in the coast range and west valleys. Central Rivers saw little change. The Williamson, John Day, Metolius, Deschutes, Clackamas and Klamath saw 20-200cfs rise. East side is still dry, with the Donner und Blitzen, Owyhee, Imnaha, and Lostine holding steady, and the upper Malheur even dropped a bit in flow. There is also word out of Washington, that some Olympic Penin. rivers have increased 10 fold! In fact they recieved 4+ inches of rain around Queets just yesterday (11/18)! They have been taking some steelhead on the Deschutes and Crooked, but its been cold.
Went to the Club meeting last night (Happy Hacklers) John Shewey was the speaker (North West Flyfishing-Trout and Beyond, Flyfishing Pacific North West Waters) The topic was Summer/Winter Steelhead Fishing, casting techniques, flys, etc. It was a good talk, Great slide show to boot! We ended with a discussion on River etiquette, when to step in, when to walk away, when to button/unbutton the lip. Good time! Well the weather is suppose to dry out the next few days, and I'm goin fishin.
I remain, humbly, in my waders....
Deerhawk

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.