New HQ [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: New HQ

jared
11-15-2002, 10:23 AM
While I have yet to walk through the hallowed doors of the CAC....I thought perhaps that someone might be willing to pony up a chunk of change and expand CAC to a slightly more northern location....it even comes with its own deep-water dock!!

:eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:

Deer Island Estate (http://www.johnmcinnisauctioneers.com/2002-11-23/index.html)

-j

striblue
11-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Jared...your brilliant..... I love the way you think!!!!!

pmflyfisher
11-15-2002, 03:13 PM
Hows the fly fishing and price ? :devil:

BigDave
11-15-2002, 03:27 PM
Can't beleive this is up for sale. Such a beautiful piece of property. Everytime I drive by in on the highway I think wow :whoa:

Sure would like to be a fly on the wall at that auction to hear the ridiculous numbers flying around!

tomd
11-16-2002, 07:54 AM
I can see the condo complex ads now... come live at the Spofford Island Condos!!! YUCK!!! you know someone will ruin it. :mad: Tom D

tomd
11-16-2002, 10:55 PM
the place is only assessed in the 900's wow ... a bargain if you could get it for that!!! :) Tom D

doug
11-17-2002, 06:07 AM
CAC?!
Pffftt! :razz:
the JFFT would like to get their mitts on this place, as well! :)
In the past....this property has had stipulations on it.
Either by the state or the Army Corp. of Engineers???
Great spot for stripers in May and June on high, just dropping tides.
Blues occassionally get that far upriver, as well.
The bridges are under reconstruction. May take another year or so to complete them.
Doug B.

Juro, I still can't access this website from home??? :( :

striblue
11-17-2002, 10:46 AM
Ah...Whats JFFT? ...and why have not been invited to it ???

Lefty
11-17-2002, 12:46 PM
Joppa Flats Fly Tyers.

A loose band of perfectionists......ah no ..it's
a flytying club headed up by President Doug B.
If you were at Sullys Flytying Gig last year, that was a JFFT event. They hold court in other venues too-ranging from small gatherings in homes to the Starboard Galley in Newburyport. The common thread amongst them is that they all fish the No. Shore and more specifically PI/Joppa Flats (though not a prerequisite). They are a good bunch of guys who have accepted evan me into their legions in spite of my poor web image and low attendence at said meetings. :rolleyes: I believe the Treasurer is one Jake Fishum. John you gotta join us this winter. How'd I do Prez?

Lefty

doug
11-18-2002, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by striblue
Ah...Whats JFFT? ...and why have not been invited to it ???

Striblue,
I think Lefty answered your question. :)
I think he's "bucking" for some type of VP position in the JFFT. :hehe:
Any large public get togethers are usually posted on that other fishing board. :whoa:
We'd be honored to have you join us at anytime!
DB

BTW...after a winter of tying flies....we could always "trade" trips next season.
Boat trip on Joppa next June for a wading excursion at the exclusive CAC??

BTW#2....I'm certainly up for expanding my "tying horizons". Willing to get together and tie a few with this forum's fellow board members.

striblue
11-18-2002, 09:46 AM
Sounds like a plan... I thought that Terry was bucking for senior management... I will check the other boards for when you are meeting and we will make arrangements for Chatham this spring anyway. thanks

Slinger
11-18-2002, 10:06 AM
Why go to another board, this is the only true fly fishing board around ? I had a ball at last years time, am anxiously looking forward to another one.
Slinger

doug
11-18-2002, 11:22 AM
Slinger,
To answer your question...."why go to another board...?"
This is a fine flyfishing board. I mean that sincerely.
Juro gave me my first flycasting lesson for which I am grateful for.
I do not want to "stir the pot".
I have met some great people here...as well as those other boards.
There are several good to great fly tyers/fly fishermen who are here.
BUT...the same goes for other boards.
Perhaps other boards fit my fishing style a little better??
Perhaps the majority of my fishing friends and fishing acquaintances are elsewhere??
Heck...the only two flies that I can tie are clousers and Buffy style flies.
But....I keep on checking the fly recipes here....especially striblue's.
Don't want to rant and rave...that's for January and February.:eyecrazy:
Best of luck tying......and fishing!
DB

Lefty
11-18-2002, 11:37 AM
DB,
Great job handling that hot potatoe!
Slinger you troll!:D

Lefty

striblue
11-18-2002, 11:38 AM
Doug... I think I did see references to the Joppa group... I will make sure I spot it and join in...maybe I can get Mr. Grumpy, Dave Fix ,to join us since I think he is a regular. Terry, your Cane surf rod is still displayed at CAC.

DFix
11-18-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by striblue
Doug... I think I did see references to the Joppa group... I will make sure I spot it and join in...maybe I can get Mr. Grumpy, Dave Fix ,to join us since I think he is a regular. Terry, your Cane surf rod is still displayed at CAC.

Play NICE, EL FEZZIDENTO !!! :tsk_tsk:

Somehow, it occurs to me you've been, shall we say, BUSY (MUCH LIKE MYSELF :whoa: ) FOR ANY OF THE JFFT EVENTS OTHER THAN THE STONY BROOK EVENT !!!

ADDENDUM #1: (Besides which, it's not certain you could follow the secret handshake or decode the club motto - you might have to bring Penguin to help you :eyecrazy: :devil: )

ADDENDUM #2: (AND, that window, various other simple repairs, etc., that HAVEN'T BEEN PERFORMED ON SAID CAC, just might cost way more than I and my crack construction crew would charge your ungrateful.... :eek: )

jared
11-18-2002, 01:24 PM
Dave,

Can't you and the Mayor EVER get along? It's like "grumpy old men"....only GRUMPIER!
(maybe them thar fezes are too tight)

:D :D :D :D

--j

DFix
11-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Why??? :razz:

Lefty
11-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Yup it's the off season.

striblue
11-18-2002, 04:35 PM
Actually Dave, My plan worked...I had to think of something to get you out in the open... and voila.... glad to have you back! :) Got you some Signature hooks anyway......