Striblue [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Striblue

saltydog
11-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Striblue, HOWS Bill DOIN, havnt seen hime a year or so, giant killer look good, must do a all/BLACK ONE , :D I bet some big B.F.T. would like to eat one of thoes HERRING,
'GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin:

striblue
11-14-2002, 07:49 PM
Salty..just saw your post...down in Chatham right now...not fishing ..I have my 91 year old mother with me to take her shopping tomorrow and close up the cottage...Will stop at a couple fly stores though... Bill C. seemed ok... arthritis is really working on his hands... He still had no problem but not sure down the road...What drove me crazy...but it was fun... is that if anyone came up to speak to him, he would stop tying and talk for a while...this went on and on..I felt like telling some of the guys to shut up and let him tye... I saw him tye one fly in one hour.... great guy and real personable....really like to shoot the breeze... but a great tyer and great "old Tyme" stories....He has a book coming out by year end or early January.

saltydog
11-15-2002, 05:55 PM
Striblue, THANKS for the up date, it's been a problem for him for a number of years, he does take some time to tie, but isstill good at it. an as for TALKING you found out! hes will bend an ear or two. time does that to one after a while.will stop up an visit w/him this comming weekansee what new an interesting, he does a great DEFENCE CRAB also, kind of neet!!!!!! glad yougot to tie w/him. I just finished my deerhair crab will take a pic this weekend an post it the body is 2 1/2 "round hope the STRIPERSwill like it next season. have a good weekend w/ your mother an "GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin: