Saltwater Fly Swap-Jan 1 due date [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Saltwater Fly Swap-Jan 1 due date

striblue
11-10-2002, 08:20 PM
OK..lets roll.... we have 13 participants... Me, Ashley, Shadfreak,Doc Duprey, Double Haul, Joe Wojtan, Sprocket, MCorder, Salty Dog, Smcdermott, Slinger, JimS, and Quentin.... 6 flies each due to me no later than Jan 1.... once you have them done... let me know on this thread and I will e-mail you my address for you to send them... Try and get them done BEFORE the due date if you can...It would be great if I mailed them all out Before Jan 1. Once I get them ALL, I will divy out... Surf Candy is the fly...or some type of surf candy style with epoxy... Can include any type of bait fish or eel. Don't forget the instructions which should come to me with the flies... With a surf Candy the instructions should describe how it is tied and, more importantly, the material used. Any questions. I will post a notice on the regular Striper board pointing to this post to point them to this archive.

striblue
11-12-2002, 10:21 AM
We have Dfix also....so that's 14. He has choosen to do his "secret" surf candy, which I tricked him into telling me.

Eddie
11-12-2002, 10:23 AM
If there is still room for one more, or if someone drops out, I would like to join in too.

striblue
11-12-2002, 10:30 AM
Eddie..you are in..we now have 15... look back on the threads for the plan... Jan 1 deadline... just 6 of the same fly....surf Candy.

BirdFish
11-12-2002, 11:32 AM
John,
Can I get in on this swap? Thanks!
Dave Williams

striblue
11-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Hi Dave...sure...you are in...I won'yt go more than 20 if it comes to that..you can see the rules in this and earlier threads... p.s. When is Nat and Derrick starting the Wednesday night fly tying at First Light?

Broadbill
11-12-2002, 06:40 PM
Don't forget the lagniappe. That's a Cajun term for "a little extra."

Striblue would say that what he'll learn just by seeing and handling all your flies would be thanks enough, but since I'm not in this swap and since John is too generous and too modest to bring it up, I'm happy to remind everybody that the tradition of tying an extra fly (the lagniappe) for the swapmeister is a terrific way of showing your gratitude for the time and energy it takes to bring off a successful swap.

And thanks from me, too, John, for all the time you put into this forum. I learn a heck of a lot here.

Broadbill

striblue
11-12-2002, 09:03 PM
Thanks Jay...Havn't heard from you for a while..let me know how things went on Nantucket this year... hope to see you soon .

MCorder
11-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Sorry, but I have to cancel my participation due to deployment.

Tight Lines

DFix
11-14-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by MCorder
Sorry, but I have to cancel my participation due to deployment.

Tight Lines

Orders to Middle East?

Be Safe, Brother.

Striblue, I'll pick up these six in my divvy.

striblue
11-14-2002, 08:59 PM
MCorder... no problem..this is set up to anticipate this.... good luck ,especially if this is Military.