: Classic Flies Displayed

striblue
11-08-2002, 11:53 PM
All 30 CLassic flies in a display case... for CAC:

pmflyfisher
11-09-2002, 08:56 AM
John,

Very nice !!

Where do you get those cases, never seen them out here in the flat land of great lakes.

Thanks

Hal

P.S. The only classic fly case I ever did was for a senior executive I worked for 15 years ago who was a big outdoorsman from Idaho. He is now retired back to Idaho in his cabin on a trout stream. Says he gets all types of comments on fly display from visitors. It was a great lakes steelhead and salmon fly display.

I don't have anything here at home, they are all in the fly wallets I guess I should think about doing something for the wall to start my fly fishing legacy.

striblue
11-09-2002, 10:13 AM
Hal..I get mine at creft stores..like "Michaels"..they come in a variety of sizes and are nice to the extent that there are different types of frames to choose from and different depths... I used to get the bigger ones at Antiques fly shows but they are kind of big and two deep but are great just the same. I will speak with Juro and probably make a bunch more for the fly shows here and we can auction them off or just sell them to raise money for the forum..... besides it will give me another excuse to tye more... I will also put the Borski flies in as well. Someone might want them.P.S....The Borski frame is now in the Bonefish archive and is a nice Gold frame..not deep.

joe wojtan
11-09-2002, 11:42 PM
I will try to attach a picture of Fly Frames that I make in 3 differant sizes to display my favorite flies, they are glass enclosed and have a shadow box effect, the frame in the picture is a 5" x 7"

(1) 5" x 7"
(2) 8" x 10"
(3)16" x 20"
http://www.pixhost.com/pixj/jwojtan/fly-picture-frame.jpg
Although in the picture the frame color looks to be black, its actualy a deep blue, and the frames come in 4 differant colors
Joe

;) ;) ;)

striblue
11-10-2002, 01:30 AM
Joe, Those look real nice... I like the matting, really stands out.

pmflyfisher
11-10-2002, 09:29 AM
John,

I will check out Michaels I use a lot of their stuff for various fly tying materials and am due for my monthly trip there. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Gotta love that new england yankee ingenuity:chuckle:

Hal