Get Your Guns [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Get Your Guns

NrthFrk16
11-08-2002, 02:45 AM
....because I've found the motherload!!!!!! :devil:

Blue Heron Colony (http://www.komotv.com/stories/21276.htm)

That might be a little risky...maybe we can just play Bobby the Beachcomber and go collect some feathers.

Save the shotguns for late at night!!!! :smokin:

;)

Philster
11-08-2002, 01:30 PM
I know you're going to think I'm picking on you, but I'm not. This isn't funny, it's serious as a mutherhubbard. When "the man" comes knockin' at your door, you'll only have yourself to blame. You are a very visible individual who works in a high profile shop, yet you come right out and say you have illegal materials, and that you know they are illegal. Ummm... I'm trying to think of a nice way to say you're in the running for the Darwin Awards of the fly-fishing world. I'm not trying to insult you, but SHUT UP about this stuff, Okay? Do you think you'll get another shop job if you get busted for this stuff?

Oh yeah, you've lost all priviledges when it comes to bashing other boards that joke about targeting smolts for 6 months:hehe:

KerryS
11-08-2002, 02:41 PM
Ryan,

..........trolling does not look good on you.............

marketic
11-08-2002, 08:32 PM
What's somewhat unnerving is that a post like that could paint a kettle just as black as that poor pot that was tarred and feathered and ridden out of town last week.

It's bad enough that you can track the colonialist expansion of the British Empire by the evolution of their salmon flies.... not a very proud legacy for an "Empire".

Yes, a WHC; I love those birds and they don't warrant a post like that nor do they deserve those sophmoric smiley faces.

Dana
11-08-2002, 10:00 PM
...behind all of this animosity, are you guys EVER planning to stop bashing each other? I mean really, it all seems a little silly and indeed "sophmoric" on everyone's part. It just jumps back and forth between the Clave and here. Can't you guys just sort it out, leave it alone, or take it somewhere else? Otherwise I'm thinkin' maybe spey rods at 50 paces would be a good solution, with steaks and Red Hook to follow...

or am I missing something here...? :) :( :eyecrazy: :confused: :hehe: :eyecrazy:

NrthFrk16
11-08-2002, 11:33 PM
A very poor attempt at a joke...was not a first and nor will it be the last. :rolleyes:

I was just browsing around and I thought I would make a joke of it because the subject of heron was so fresh in my mind after recent discussions.

I actually think herons are a beautiful bird and would never take one out...because it is illegal.

Maybe my sarcasm did not come across or maybe it did and no one though it was funny. I was just trying to paradoize (is that a word??...as in parody) our desire to have materials that are illegal and/or very difficuly to to obtain. :(

Do I think it is wrong to have a few feathers from a 30 y.o heron?? No! Is it illegal?? Yes

Do I think it is wrong to target smolts or adult salmon on their redds??? Yes! Is it illegal?? No

Does that make my a hypocrit? Probally...oh well, I will still speak up when I feel the need to.

Nailknot
11-09-2002, 02:16 AM
Fer christ sakes can anyone take a bit of humor? Hard crowd. Just don't try to bring me down on the river ok?

pmflyfisher
11-09-2002, 12:34 PM
Ryan,

Of course I knew you were joking, although these heron drive me crazy as they always catching more fish than me right in front of me on the river and lakes out here !! :D

I have been tempted with our Michigan black squirrels though, boy those black tails sure look nice.

Hal