Warmwater fly swaps [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Warmwater fly swaps

Dble Haul
11-05-2002, 09:50 AM
With the recent talk about fly swaps, I'd like some feedback regarding some for the warmwater fish. I see two scenarios:

A general warmwater swap where we tie any of a number of flies for different fish, or.....

Up to three different swaps (bass/panfish, pike, and carp) where each particular swap is more specific.

I know how I'd like to do it, but I don't want to go solely on my own opinion. Don't worry about timelines yet. I probably wouldn't even think of starting any of this until after the holidays, but I'd like to have a picture of how you all would like it in advance. And I'll volunteer to do some meistering.

John Desjardins
11-05-2002, 10:17 AM
Either way I'm interested. the time frame is similiar for me.

Adrian
11-17-2002, 12:03 PM
Mark

I missed these posts - I would like to join in too - either way works for me also.

DFix
11-18-2002, 01:29 PM
I'm 50/50, too.

Dble Haul
11-19-2002, 10:06 AM
Thanks, guys. I'm not even gonna start this one until the new year, with a due date of late February. Until then, I'll occasionally bump this up to the top to see if there's any more takers.

:cool:

pmflyfisher
11-19-2002, 10:30 AM
I would be interested in any small mouth swaps.

Quentin
11-19-2002, 11:31 AM
I'll participate in whatever swaps people want to set up.

Q

Eddie
11-19-2002, 11:53 AM
I would like to be included too.

nbrandon
11-19-2002, 02:45 PM
I'm in too.

Neil

Dble Haul
12-02-2002, 09:23 AM
So far we have these interested parties:

Me
John D
Adrian
Dave
Hal
Quentin
Eddie
Neil

I'll leave this open until December 15th. After that, I'll PM instuctions and addresses to all.

As it stands, I'd prefer to keep this swap fairly open. Tie any warmwater pattern that you prefer.....poppers, hair bugs, baitfish imitations, oversized nymphs, etc. They can be species specific or general.

sandflyx
12-03-2002, 08:42 PM
count me in !! but new please explain ??

nbrandon
12-04-2002, 08:09 AM
You'll tie 7-10 flies, and mail them to the fly swap meister with enough change to pay for the postage back to you. When all the flies are gathered from everyone, the meister will give you one of everyone else's flies and mail them back to you.

How's that?

Neil

Dble Haul
12-04-2002, 08:22 AM
Sandyflyx, you've been added and welcome! Neil hit it right on the head. Sending either money for the return postage or a self-address stamped package envelope is okay.

We're open for 11 more days, then the list is closed.

BigDave
12-04-2002, 08:46 AM
Mark - have you decided if the focus is going to be on Bass or Carp/Panfish?

If it's for Bass flies, please count me in.

I have boxes and boxes of used trout flies for the other species :devil:

BigDave

Dble Haul
12-04-2002, 09:15 AM
Dave- The swap is open to any warmwater fly that you want to tie, so I guess you're in. :p

FWIW, I'll be tying something on the larger (bass/pike) size.

By the way, I got a good laugh out of your avatar signature. I love it. :)

Dble Haul
12-08-2002, 11:37 AM
One week left, and we have these people....

Me
John D
Adrian
DFix
Hal
Quentin
Eddie
Neil
sandflyx
BigDave

Keep 'em coming!

Dble Haul
12-16-2002, 08:29 AM
Okay, we're all set. We have a total of 10 for this swap as indicated in my post directly above this one. I'll send my mailing info in form of a PM. I propose that the due date for the swap is Valentine's Day. That gives us two months to complete.

Since there's 10 of us, there's no need to tie 10 flies. Just tie half a dozen and I'll mix and match when I receive them, making sure that you don't get your own fly back. Please include a recipe so that I can include it with an archive picture, and any other notes that you'd like to add. Remember, tie any fly that you want for warm water.

Be sure to send sufficient return postage for your swap flies.

Looking forward to seeing them, and be on the lookout for a PM with my address.

Dble Haul
12-16-2002, 08:36 AM
Eddie, your PM box is full. Let me know if I should e-mail you the address.

pmflyfisher
12-16-2002, 09:05 AM
OK, Valentines days due date sounds good, works well with my other swap due dates Jan 6th - Simple But Deadly flys, Jan 31st - Hair wing Salmon/Steelhead. Plus the fly auction dates for the Marlboro and Seattle show have to be mapped in here. Looks like I will be busy tying this winter!!:smokin: :smokin:

Adrian
12-16-2002, 09:47 AM
Guys

Lets not forget the Meister-fly tradition with FFF swaps.

It's usual to include an 'extra' fly in your submission for the Meister as a way of saying Thanks

Thanks for taking the lead on this one Mark!

:smokin:

sandflyx
12-30-2002, 02:11 PM
I'll be sending a dozon do whatever you want with the x-tra's, autions,donations,etc.

Eddie
12-30-2002, 04:28 PM
DH, my PM is non opperational. My email is howells@maine.rr.com. Thanks,Eddie