Yes---Invisible Waders [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Yes---Invisible Waders

striblue
11-02-2002, 09:57 AM
With the difficulty experience this year with the approach of stripers on the monomoy flats, tuning away after spoted, ..yes... you have heard it here... I can not give the details on the web, but I have invented invisible waders... this is no joke.... I have a prototype which I will field test in the spring and get Penguin to give them a try. The first proto-type will be fit over ordinary waders and it will not do anything for upper body shadow though. The wader boots will also have the material or I will have lobster imaged, like bunny slippers, covered feet.... so it will just look like two lobsters on the sand. They will not be "totally" invisible but I have placed the material in water and it disappears. More later.

JimW
11-02-2002, 11:00 AM
Careful with the lobster image you might get more than stealth:whoa: Rich and I hit SB this past August. We were planning on wet wading, I forgot my wading boots and ended up wearing sneakers. Long story short is, the blues liked my laces and although they didn't stike they got startlingly close.:hehe:

saltydog
11-02-2002, 02:33 PM
AH, YES, that will keep the fish from nipping at my red/white sneakers that I wear. will have to get some for next season.:smokin:
'GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN"

Penguin
11-02-2002, 03:52 PM
On the Water and SaltWaterFlyFishing has been calling for some insider info...Leave it to the CAC to lead the way (out there!)...
:hehe:
It's my honour and privilege to be involved in this revolutionary cutting edge R&D!

John...Are you going to do a "fish-finder/no-see-um wader" special?! Count me in.

jfbasser
11-02-2002, 06:57 PM
I also have prototype 'waders' based on the new principle of nautical camoflauge that suggests that the item to be hidden must look like the surroundings and not be invisible. Given that the flats sparkle and twinkle in the high sun I figured that I would blend in by draping fifty strands of that new Christmas lighting that you see hanging from all the eaves these days over my body. 6 hours of twinkle on 3 AAA's.:hehe: :smokin:

striblue
11-02-2002, 07:40 PM
OK..... without divulging more info.... think of the mirror concept....this WILL work.... and I will retire early...buy a place on Morris Island and have a large wing with a doorman for the new CAC.

bcasey
11-02-2002, 08:32 PM
Hey John, er, a, I mean IRONMAN,
Whats this wait until spring baloney, with your ability to endure shrinkage better than anyone I know, why not start testing now? Oh BTW, does this mean the question of boxers vs. briefs will no longer need be asked?
I am assuming that anyone with your zest for designer labels and discerning judgement in the clothing dept. will have the correct undergarment for use with "Invisable Waders"
But please, a photo posted would certainly evade any of us less fortunate in the art of fine atire. :hehe:

artb
11-02-2002, 08:58 PM
Invisible waders are not new.:hehe: Back in the early 1950's I bought the first clear plastic waders around RI at the G&M Sport Center in East Providence. Opening day of trout season I went fishing in the Palmer River in Rehoboth Ma. I was fishing just below the old scout cabin. There was an early hatch around ten in the morning, was standing in the middle of the river up to my waist, a trout was rising, but was having trouble getting it to hit. After an hour or so I finally caught it. I thought boy! are these waders cold, nothing like the rubber ones. I got out of the river, and the water level stayed right there, right at my waist.:eyecrazy: The seams were not welded right, and they leaked badly. I have never seen another pair since then.:o

striblue
11-02-2002, 11:51 PM
Art...these will not be clear plastic and they will be made to go over regular waders..... Brian.... I will try them before the spring...sometime this winter..... they will be able to fit over bare legs too. You can all laugh now...but wait and see:devil:

MarkDoogue
11-03-2002, 07:38 AM
This technology already exists. I have a pair, wore 'em all season. Case in point, did anyone actually see me fishing this season? That's because I have the matching flats shirt and hat. I rest my case!

I also developed a rod/reel set up that never needs washing, fly lines that never need to be replaced, flies that come with a "half life" rating to rival any nuclear waste.........:chuckle:

There's always next year.

pmflyfisher
11-03-2002, 07:17 PM
Got to love that good old New England yankee humor !

ROTFL :chuckle:

P,S. Things are looking up for you guys BC upset the Irish and the Pats put it on the Bills and Drew B.

Lefty
11-05-2002, 09:10 AM
I've fished Monomoy all summer in my invisible fisherman suit. You just didn't see me. I wasn't going to say anything. I was invisible (just like the Mecca reports this season:mad: )

striblue
11-05-2002, 10:27 AM
Ooooohhhh........ Ouch! on the last comment:D

tomd
11-06-2002, 01:52 AM
John, isn't it too soon to get this squrrelly??? I thought the shack nasties didn't start for 3 more months or so!!! LOL Tom D

striblue
11-06-2002, 01:55 PM
Tom..... and when this works.. the same material will be part of the bottom of flats boats.... wow! ...I can see it now... All we will have to then deal with is Shadows.

OC
11-06-2002, 03:15 PM
Could this be as good as the fish finder from last year? Could this be like that old fable,"The king and his new threads"?
Anyway looking forward to seeing them, I mean not seeing them,
What ever. Please send an invisible package, with invisible waders by an invisible UPS truck. We enjoyed the fish finder out here in the NW and will look forward to leting everyone out here try the waders out. What invisible sizes are there?

fredaevans
11-06-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by striblue
Art...these will not be clear plastic and they will be made to go over regular waders..... Brian.... I will try them before the spring...sometime this winter..... they will be able to fit over bare legs too. You can all laugh now...but wait and see:devil:

"Over bare legs too???" Is that with, or without, underware?

Naaaaa, forget it ..... I don't want to know!
:o

John Desjardins
11-06-2002, 04:06 PM
H'mm time to apply the reverse engineering skills lets see I will try them before the spring...sometime this winter..... they will be able to fit over bare legs too. :

Wading in Chatham in January = cold water, bare legs = frost bite that turns legs blue = color of the water.

There the secrets of Striblues invention are exposed. :chuckle:

striblue
11-06-2002, 05:43 PM
Close John, very close...but I might as well spill a little here...seriously... the waders will work on the principle of "mirrors".... the real secret is the material.... But with the mirror principle the reflective properties will make two legs virtually invisible...smart huh?

jfbasser
11-06-2002, 06:36 PM
That guy with the ladder on the flats...He leans a full length mirror against the front and hides on the back step:D :smokin:

jfbasser
12-04-2002, 06:44 PM
A few chem/bio suits under development by the special forces have been unexplainably diverted to Area 61. Word is that these suits are protoyypes for the new invisible waders.

jfbasser
12-04-2002, 06:45 PM
More pixels!

pmflyfisher
12-04-2002, 06:55 PM
Priceless :chuckle: :chuckle:

When you have those invisible waders ready let me know and I will pilot test them during the summer, forget it in our mid west winter river wading scenarios. No time for testing anything, one false step in these rivers and you are into the deep freeze zone quickly.:whoa:

FredA
12-04-2002, 07:51 PM
Seems to me I recall the site commander of Area 61 showing up for dinner at the 2001 Rhody get together in one of those get ups.

jfbasser
12-04-2002, 09:14 PM
How did you SEE the site commander at the get together? Ah, he must have had his stripping pan on. Note that striblue has not yet developed the invisible stripping basket. That's why the fellow in the suit has all that new Rio Clouser line all over the sand!:D :smokin:

striblue
12-04-2002, 09:42 PM
Go ahead....make as much fun as you want...but I will have the last laugh... as I catch striper upon striper on the monomoy flats....IN MID SUMMER yet!:hehe:

juro
12-04-2002, 09:49 PM
I think I've seen these waders... about 100 yards north of the last lifeguard on Head of the Meadows Beach in Truro... :whoa: :smokin:

2HandTheSalt
12-04-2002, 09:56 PM
John, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but when you put on the Harry Potter, " Invisibility cloak," that they are selling at Toys 'r' Us, you are not really invisible.

RayStachelek
12-04-2002, 10:14 PM
What you need are over sized clear waders. Fill them half way with sea water for coolant. Throw in 1/2 pogies, sand eels, or silversides. Be a natural decoy.

Datta.... get 'em.

striblue
12-04-2002, 10:16 PM
Ok..I see..now Jay and Juro are getting in on this...well ...you'll see.

Penguin
12-04-2002, 10:45 PM
"They" laughed at the Wright brothers...
And there was a big fandango about the Earth supposedly not being FLAT...
You have my undivided support and full access to the Area 61 "Secret" Possum Works for R&D...
It's hard to soar with the eagles when the turkey buzzards are stealing your wind and nipping at your heels...

And...when you need a "corporate pilot" to drive your new Gulf Stream...I'm ATP rated and accepting offers...
YOU will have the last laugh!:hehe:

juro
12-05-2002, 12:25 AM
Getting serious for a minute...

I am pretty pleased with the stealthiness of simms guide waders but I am not with the black 5mm neoprene feet for flats work! I tried goretex feet but that was leak city. I would love to have a pair of thin stocking foot waders with sand colored shoes.

Now back to the friendly jostling...

FishHawk
12-05-2002, 06:09 AM
Posted on ebay. One pair of Teva sandles and Ironman wading shorts worn only one season on*the flats of Monomoy. Who will start the bidding? FishHawk:chuckle:

BigDave
12-05-2002, 09:17 AM
Leave it to Striblue to construct a pair of waders using only flat mylar tinsel and 5-minute epoxy :hehe:

Nick
12-05-2002, 09:35 AM
This thread is killing me!

One time use or resuable? Better yet surgically implanted!

Nick

2HandTheSalt
12-05-2002, 10:13 AM
I had some invisible waders once. Problem was, after I got them out of the box, I never could find them again!

Seriously though, it sounds like John has stumbled onto the answer to the question, " Why is bait silver?"

striblue
12-05-2002, 10:31 AM
Thats right Jay and in the absent of sunlight it refects the light around it.... silver, mirror reflective colored waders...or even just knee highs.... even the bottom of flats boats....I just need to figure out how to do and then test them....

jfbasser
12-05-2002, 10:53 AM
Deploy a striper robot with fly in mouth to search out real stripers. Keep feeding line until remote video from the robot displayed on the new Action Optics LCD equipped sunglasses shows real striper in proximity to striper robot. Issue remote command to striper robot to drop fly from mouth, observe real striper pick up fly with the remote video feed. Then set hook!:devil: :smokin:

DFix
12-05-2002, 11:29 AM
I stayed outta this long enough - the stealth reflective material His Honor is looking for is currently under exclusive contract to NASA Space Shuttle Program; unavailable to the common flats stalker.

Although, as a thought, shouldn't you ask Martha Stewart if she has a recipe for sand or seawater colored dye for tights??? Maybe there's even a camo spray paint you could use? :devil:

John Desjardins
12-05-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by DFix
Maybe there's even a camo spray paint you could use? :devil:

Let's see some 3M spray on mounting adhesive followed by a roll in the sand after a suitable drying period. That could do it.

Jay, Tsk tsk mentioning the invisibility cloak to muggles. The ministry of magic will hear about this. At least thats what I get from the books I've been reading to my 6 year old. :hehe:

DFix
12-05-2002, 12:25 PM
THAT'S IT !!!

3M SUPER 77 OR A LARGE CAN OF CRISCO! :rolleyes:

Adrian
12-05-2002, 02:15 PM
I have also been working on a secret development project based on some super secret stuff I found when on a hacking session late one evening. Its based on the Predator / Predator II system.

The invisibility suit is a matrix of dual photo-receptor/transmitter triple-rgb-cells which can receive and transmit full color video in real-time full-duplex mode under all light conditions. Each cell is hardwired to its opposite number 180 degrees to the plane in question and each pair wired back to a common power source with the on-off switch. This is a very important feature, especially when you are deep wading and forum members are out testing their new flats boats.

The challenge is that to get really good invisbility you need about twenty million cells and they cost a lot of $$$. The wiring can get very scratchy against the skin and getting in and out is tricky. The power drain is also quite high currently and can lead to uncomfortable surprises if saltwater makes a circuit with unprotected body parts:whoa:

But these are mere trifling glitches and I expect to have a prototype ready for the Willmington Show
:smokin:

jfbasser
12-05-2002, 04:32 PM
My striper-bot is very nasty and is equipped with heatseaking sensors that tune in human bodies and their parts. Invisible waders and other technology will not allow any waders to hide. He is especially nasty to those who cast crab flies in his direction.:hehe: :whoa: :tsk_tsk: :smokin:

saltydog
12-05-2002, 08:04 PM
STRIBLUE, heres my 2 cents, the meterial you are looking for is a 3 part material, part 1. is the back, part 2.is the reflective part an part 3. is a clear covering to protect part 2. from being scratched. it has already been manufatured, it is in use in the desert for keeping WATER COOL. it reflects the sun from the cooler an is also used in desert refergriation. now your job is to find the manufacture an put it in play. check u.s.patten office I know it there some place. I have even seen a jacket of what you are looking for a number of years back. I think it was from NATICK LABS.
if you remember they did all the MILITARY research, an had some unbelieveable stuff. I believe the material is in use here in the states they are using it inside (hi-tec sipping bottles.) things you store water in. same stuff 'GOODLUCK GOOD HUNTING"smokin:

juro
12-05-2002, 10:44 PM
Invisible waders? But what about shrinkage? :chuckle:

striblue
12-05-2002, 11:03 PM
I will have a proto-type next spring I will make myself first... all I can say is.."have you ever seen what a mirror looks like under water"?....you won't find it.

pmflyfisher
12-06-2002, 12:53 AM
John,

This thread is getting a lot of views, there may be a serious market for these especially for you ocean flats waders. Not sure how much they would help us trout and salmon fresh water fisherman.

I will be your great lakes prototype pilot tester when they are ready.

You have my full support.

Hal

striblue
12-06-2002, 09:53 AM
Hal...I know that... there is a reason that I am splashing it all over the web... it establishes a date..if you know what I mean.

pmflyfisher
12-06-2002, 10:13 AM
Yes, I know what you mean.

DFix
12-09-2002, 02:46 PM
blah blah blah - establishing a date. Who's gonna believe you anyway if they can't see you or your 'invisible' product :tsk_tsk: - Crisco and a sand bath, that's the way to go :smokin:

John Desjardins
12-09-2002, 03:26 PM
Don't worry Dave, by publicizing this theres no chance at an international patent unless theres an application already in. The US is a different story. Just the minutia one picks up the job. :rolleyes:

How about a Red Green inspired method of covering yourself in duct tape with the adhesive faciing then doing the sand roll.

Crisco and a roll in the sand, thats a loaded one. :devil:

DFix
12-09-2002, 04:30 PM
Ahem...

Red Green is considered to be worshipful in some people's minds. I believe His Honor is a disciple of Red Green :smokin:

striblue
12-09-2002, 04:42 PM
Dave, quit fooling around and get back to work!!!:devil:

Quentin
12-09-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by striblue
I will have a proto-type next spring I will make myself first... all I can say is.."have you ever seen what a mirror looks like under water"?....you won't find it.

I know -- John must have bought up all of Liberace's pants that were for sale on Ebay :devil:

Quentin
12-09-2002, 06:29 PM
This photo was received from an unnamed source. Could this be the prototype? :devil:

FredA
12-09-2002, 07:36 PM
No - I saw John in those - he was raving one morning about the deal he got at Fishing The Cape on that pair of styling quick dry fishin pants.

striblue
12-09-2002, 10:17 PM
Q----to much.... You need to fish more with Penguin, Fred , and I..LOL!!!!!!!

DFix
12-10-2002, 09:43 AM
Q - That's PERFECT !!!! Raspberry Lame' Waders - LMAO !!! :smokin:
(Only problem now is those flatswalkers on the model's feet - dead giveaway it's a disguise. Any self-respecting striper wouldn't be caught dead near that Las Vegas get-up :whoa: :smokin: )

juro
12-10-2002, 09:54 AM
Wait... tweak the flux capacitor.... EUREKA!

John Desjardins
12-10-2002, 11:29 AM
Juro, thats the low power consumer version of the flux capacitor. Heres the research grade version. This version creates a high energy field around the wearer that even hides the 40" fish held out for the camera. :devil:

Quentin
12-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Hmm . . .

There's a potential problem with the high power flux unit. Other anglers wouldn't see you and they'd encroach on your fishing spot!

Q

pmflyfisher
12-10-2002, 04:00 PM
Got to love that New England Yankee ingenuity and humor

LOL

striblue
12-10-2002, 04:22 PM
WHAT DID I START! :chuckle:

kush
12-10-2002, 08:00 PM
Man, if this is what happens when there is no fishing to be had I'm sure glad I live where it is fishing season every season!:razz:

pmflyfisher
02-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Stribblue, (John)

I woke up at 3 AM this morning thinking about all of my work issues and then for some unknown fly fisherman insane reason
"Invisible Waders" popped into my memory cells.

Remember I volunteered to be the Great Lakes prototype field tester and still hope I am under consideration ?

Our rivers are very low and clear and the long term projections are for a continued dry winter and spring, so invisible waders I think would provide me with a clear strategic advantage on our clear spring creek type GL rivers.

I see you have gone silent on the forumn since this thread has not been active since 12/10/02. I totally understand your reasons for going into silent mode on this.

If you want to continue that way thats fine, but please PM me on the current status and plans and where I am on the list for a prototype tester. ;)

Best

PM Out

striblue
02-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Hal...I will you posted , I am still working out some logistical problems in my head.. and do not have a prototype yet..but will.

pmflyfisher
02-06-2003, 11:27 AM
John, thanks, its a neat idea for sure. Surprized the major wader companies have not offered anything like this yet.

Hal

PM Out

DFix
02-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Sources report the invisible wader prototype will be unveiled at the meeting between The Country Club and Winchester Country Club curling teams tonight in Brookline. Local media coverage begins live at 7:30. For a preview, visit: www.CACmirrorstealth.net :chuckle:

John Desjardins
02-06-2003, 01:52 PM
Dave the waders are so deep in stealth technology that their website can't even be found.:hehe:

pmflyfisher
02-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Just thinking it might be dangerous for me to have invisible waders during king salmon season, sometimes they run right at you and if they cannot see your legs, they will crash right into you.

I have seen them go through guys legs, 20+ pound rampaging king salmon, quite scary for the target angler.

A risk to think about further.

PM Out

MarkDoogue
02-06-2003, 10:16 PM
....Think about a good ol' Cape Cod bluefish blitz!!:eyecrazy:

That's a ton of teeth flying around your "jiggley bits."

Can you outfit these invisible waders with a kevlar crotch insert?

FredA
02-07-2003, 06:55 AM
Dave Fix
Can you fix that link - I get a page cannot be displayed message.

Thanx

Penguin
02-07-2003, 09:04 AM
I saw (on Fox news) that a company in Japan is working on/has developed a "stealth" raincoat...reflective deception?!...visual dilution?!
Seems to work fairly well and, if the fabric was fashioned into waders, I think it REALLY WOULD WORK!:eyecrazy:

pmflyfisher
02-07-2003, 09:17 AM
Striblue (John)

24 hours after waking up from my dream of "The Invisisible Waders" I have reassessed the benefits, risks, and of course the costs of such a new fly fishing technology for me a great lakes fly fisherman. I have decided the benefits far out weigh the minor risks as stated above in this thread.

I am operationally ready to commence great lakes field testing as soon as the first prototypes are available.

Either breatheable or neopreme technology will be acceptable.

I recommend that all further correspondence to me on this subject, be conducted via FFF private messages (hopefully we have encryption technology on this medium ?) as the public email networks are not secure enough in my opinion for such a new stealth technology as this one. Of course our public snail mail system is also unacceptable.

Perhaps oral phone conversation would be best. I leave further correspondence mediums to your astute legal knowledge, perhaps we should apply "attorney client privileged" US legal controls upon these transmissions ?

I look eagerly towards the next crucial steps of this endeavor and anxiously await further information.

Best

Hal

PM Out

hightechtoo
02-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Perhaps those waders are made of this stuff?
http://kenradio.com/images/020603.jpg

striblue
02-07-2003, 10:02 AM
OH NO... I hope I am not beaten to the punch... the problems of living in a seasonal area.... My prototypes will homemade and the material is ?.... but I need to get that material from Japan...Pete.. do you have any further info.

DFix
02-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by FredA
Dave Fix
Can you fix that link - I get a page cannot be displayed message.

Thanx

Sorry Fred, but it appears John Desjardins is right -

My sources at Defense Intelligence tell me the technology is being so deeply protected due to current events, that it may never be 'unveiled' and any web link/info query defaults to an unavailable status :eek:

And, that the reflective deception technology under development by the Japanese may be restricted to military applications. U.S. Army Natick Labs has sent a team of development types to Far East Command to acquire information. :cool: Attempts by individuals in the private sector to develop this type of technology shall be closely monitored by governmental 'Agency' personnel. If it is determined these types of developmental efforts threaten national security, all methods and materials will be siezed by said Agency.

Sounds like we're back to square one and Red Ball making sea green rubber :whoa:

Perhaps Striblue isn't really a name - maybe it's a secret operative codeword :rolleyes:

P.S. Penguin - it would probably work if a 'certain' 'Fox' News correspondent employed it, eh? ;)

John Desjardins
02-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Dave, what inquiring minds want to know is does stealth technology help to sweep the ice. ;)

pmflyfisher
02-07-2003, 11:49 AM
God, I'm thankful had the dream the other night and resurrected this thread. I can see much entertainment through remainder of the winter dregs.

Just heard from my office that NE - Boston is getting pounded again with snow, closed down our offices there, bummer for our FFF colleagues there. I was stranded twice in winter storms in Beantown on business and do not want to ever do that again.

BTW, cold 10 degrees, sunny, and no snow on ground in The Windy City today or forecasted. 30s tomorrow they say.

PM Out

DFix
02-07-2003, 11:55 AM
We're getting a projected 3-6" inches sound dampening blanket, based on NWS reports. Looking out the window here at headquarters, it appears to be about one inch per hour; my educated guess is it will be more in line with 5-8".

Your Boston office shut down??? - WHY - are they celebrating the anniversary of some catastrophic meteorological event, or did they just need a three day weekend??? :rolleyes: :tsk_tsk:

pmflyfisher
02-07-2003, 12:07 PM
We must employ weak willed New Englanders looking for the first excuse to go home early on a friday. I beleive it based on some of the characters in management and below I deal with.

Good luck on the commute home today also.

PM Out

John Desjardins
02-07-2003, 12:19 PM
I've got to agree with Daves prediction. Theres around 4" on the ground now & big flakes coming down.

DFix
02-07-2003, 12:19 PM
or give us a stealth tech email address ;)

pmflyfisher
02-07-2003, 12:24 PM
I thought "The Administrators" stated they would be increasing our Private Message inbox and sent message storage volume in a thread last month.

I am continually deleting messages, I just did some more this AM and now I am told it is full again.

Apparently nothing has been implemented and we will have to make a new appeal ?:confused:

I will draft the brief this weekend for "The Administrators" review and consideration.:chuckle:

PM Out

DFix
02-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Local media outlet (WHDH, CH.7, CBS AFFILIATE) confirms upgrade to 5-9", tapering off in Boston and North Shore points at around 7 p.m.

(Don't mess with old Bones, Matey! :tsk_tsk: )

BigDave
02-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Malden is already well past 5 inches. Looking forward to the drive home.

Which is right now :devil:

Dave

pmflyfisher
02-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Wow leaving work at 2:42 EST it must be bad, I just heard through my corporate network our NY offices also closed down early. Lifes rough back east this winter again. Really our mid west winters have been easier than the east coast the last 10 years.

PM Out

DFix
02-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Boston ended up with a closed airport, eleven inches (recorded) and three meteorologists who took a pounding in the newspapers based on erroneous predictions.

I had a foot at my house; no big deal. We're looking at another several inches tonite.

pmflyfisher
02-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Closed Logan air port for 11 inches , you yankee new englanders must be getting soft. Thought it took at least 20 inches to close you down based upon my two previous snow strandings there.

PM Out

fredaevans
02-10-2003, 02:23 PM
It's bright sun shine, 55 degrees, zero wind; all of which adds up to shirt sleeve/sun lotion weather on the river. Which is where I think I'll head mid afternoon until sundown.
:devil:

Will be interesting to see what the weathers like for the FFF CSCC the end of March. Last year on day hit just short of 80 degrees. Folks in winter weight Neo's fried.
fae

John Desjardins
02-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Hal its all the reminicing about the blizzard of 78 thats got everyone scared.

pmflyfisher
02-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Thats the winter I was stranded their twice. Once in logan over night and then 6 days in Braintree two weeks later.

New England got real old to me , real quick with all that snow, and then they sent me back for another 3 weeks to finish one of those "Ugly" corporate projects.

PM Out

removed_by_request
02-10-2003, 04:19 PM
The absolute worst winter I ever saw was 1978-1979. We had 7' 3" of snow for the season. All you would see on the highway was 2 ruts were everybody had been driving.

pmflyfisher
02-10-2003, 04:45 PM
I was also in Chicago that winter but did not get stranded. ;)

PM Out

removed_by_request
02-10-2003, 04:56 PM
I worked outside that whole winter, it was great.

Never got stuck either, just kept going.

MarkDoogue
02-11-2003, 12:34 AM
PM, I grew up in Braintree.

Those 6 days in '78 were happily spent sledding and building snow forts.

I was 8.