Head Count (est.) for the Weekend... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Head Count (est.) for the Weekend...

juro
10-22-2002, 06:42 PM
I'm trying to get an idea of the interest in Eastern Mountain Sports Club Day in Nashua (Pheasant Lane Mall) and Hyannis (Hyannis Mall) this Friday evening and Saturday. Don't forget that for all members there will be a 20% discount on anything in the store - and that's a lot!

If you can stop by to say hi or represent us at the store during those hours please reply here.

Penguin
10-22-2002, 07:30 PM
I'm chasing TTFM's (T-tailed fast movers) on Friday but...
I'll be at the FarSide (of the Canal) EMS all day Saturday!

jfbasser
10-23-2002, 07:51 AM
I will be bonding with the newest flyfisherman in the area (my nephew) this weekend. We will be passing through the FAR(and fishless)SIDE of the canal on Saturday so we might as well shop for clothes:hehe: :smokin:

juro
10-23-2002, 08:17 AM
Good time to pick up a GPS too, they have the full line of handhelds.

DFix
10-23-2002, 09:47 AM
Finishing freebie redecorating job or would be in Nashua. Sorry.

grego
10-23-2002, 10:08 AM
Hey that's a great Promo!

As you said 20% off a big ticket item...

A few months ago, I bought the Serria model Yakay from EMS it's 11' 2" X 29.5". I got it for 20% off because it was the last floor model in the Hyannis store. I called around quite a bit & all the stores I called were sold out of this model. It's not quite as nice as a Pungo, but for $180 less it's a fine inshore rec. fishing Yak.

Also, they have some good deal on the web site. I got these clear (see through) dry bags, so you can see your gear before you go digging for it! They also had treaded neoprene booties, but only in sizes 5 & 13!

Lastly, EMS has great customer service with a no question return policy. You can even buy on the web & returns to the brick.

BARDY
10-24-2002, 12:52 PM
Juro I am going to try and make it there early Friday, around 5pm.
Just a note on GPS. I just got back from the EMS store in Burlington
Picking out my purchase for tommorow. They have the Garmin Etrex Legend for $249.99, minus the 20% brings it to $200.00, plus Garmin has a $50.00 mail in rebate. This brings final cost to $150.00, plus no tax. If you ever wanted one but couldn't justify the cost, now is the time to buy.

juro
10-24-2002, 03:11 PM
Great stuff Bardy -

I won't be there quite that early on Friday due to route 3 traffic heading north from work. I will be there as soon as possible to closing though. Also Saturday during peak store hours.

Juro

Mattb
10-24-2002, 04:00 PM
Juro, I'll probably stop by at some point. I'm not really sure when, but I'll try to make it later so I can catch you. Good luck with rt 3, better bring some reading material.

As a side note: do you know if you can get the discount for stuff off the webpage? I've been eyeing a bivvy sack for a while now, and the 20% would be great, but they don't carry them in the stores, only on the web.

-Matt

juro
10-24-2002, 04:05 PM
The poster says yes... worth a try! I will ask when I get a chance after work.

Mattb
10-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by juro
The poster says yes... worth a try! I will ask when I get a chance after work.

Indeed it does, I guess I should pay a bit more attention...

I'll ask one of the EMS folk tomorrow about how to go about getting the discount on the webpage.

Thanks for setting this up.

-Matt

juro
10-25-2002, 09:24 PM
Due to a home emergency while I was sitting in route 3 traffic, I could not make the Friday night shift. All is well now and I will be at the Nashua store in Pheasant Lane Mall tomorrow for most of the day, hope to see members at the store! There will be a small table with fly-tying, casting mini-lesson, images from the season, etc.

striblue
10-26-2002, 12:41 PM
Sorry Juro, I can not make it today as planned... My sons football game was cancelled this morning where I had planned to head up from Reading after the game for a while .. But with the game cancelled and My middle boys birthday I am here today. Talk to you later and I hope things worked out.

jfbasser
10-26-2002, 05:20 PM
Which FFF regular was seen in Hyannis waving an ORANGE FLY LINE (in true Halloween Spirit) around in front of EMS on Saturday afternoon?

FredA
10-26-2002, 07:53 PM
Had to be the Penguin.

Picked up a coat and put my name and FFF into the raffle last night at the local mall.

juro
10-27-2002, 07:00 AM
Totally great time yesterday at the Nashua EMS store! Special thanks to Jay and Store Mgr Tom who gave us a very visible spot right along the main counter w/ electricity for the laptop where slides shows of great trips played thru the day. I even got to tie three flies. I guess that speaks to how busy things were.

Also a big thank you to Bardy who did the morning shift with me. Great choices on the GPS and other gear you picked up Bardy; I am jealous of the sweet deal you got. You paid less than I did for the low-end model for the top of the line!

I picked up a North Face Gore-tex winter jacket, I guess I'll finally retire my last one purchased 8 or more years ago. Good thing I stretched the dollar on that jacket because the new purchase squeaked thru the finance department's approval process (wife). Great deals on club day, that's for sure.

I met a tremendous number of great people today. I hope you type in the web address I gave you and come visit us soon!

I wanted to have one of those yarn casting toys but didn't have time to put that together. On the way up there, I popped into a halloween costume store which was loaded to the hilt with stuff. I remembered how Pete Gray (Penguin) had used those costume feather boas to make his own casting toys, so I followed his lead and put together a quick casting aid. Well it turned out to be quite the hoot! A large number of people got the 10 o'clock, 2 o'clock rock today, and it was quite the conversation piece.

I can only imagine that Penguin was providing some real entertainment down there in Hyannis with all the tricks up his sleeve and jokes he can rattle off!

I only have a couple of Forum business cards left so I consider it a very successful day.

I am totally impressed with EMS and the crew and made the following observations while exhibiting among the store workers hustle and bustle:

- a lot of hardcores come into EMS and the staff is very impressive in terms of their knowledge and attention to service

- staff really tried to provide the best information possible, and would follow-thru by directing to the best person on the floor to get you a good answer

- even after the customer left, there would be a sincere discussion among the 'green shirts' to review the details so that the next customer would get a good answer

- the store is stocked to the hilt with top notch stuff (although at the end of the day a lot of good stuff left at great club discount prices)

Also enjoyed talking with the Boy Scout representative (also exhibiting) over the possibility of Forum members attending a Boy Scout camporee as flyfishing mentors to help scouts complete their flyfishing merit badge criteria.

I really look forward to doing this again, it was a great time and I thoroughly enjoyed the day. It was a great chance to bring up the topic of flyfishing amidst many outdoor enthusiasts while engaging in interesting conversations with great people.

bcasey
10-30-2002, 04:56 PM
Now see! That's what I get for not paying attention. Missed out, But I'll be there next time!:mad: