Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rio's Quickshooter???

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rel1 
#1 ·
I figured more heads are better than one- so my question : has anyone tried the Rio quickshooter floating fly line here in the NE and what were your thoughts on it. Ron

#2 ·
I fish the quickshooter tan w/ intermediate clear head and LOVE it. Although I use a variety of line designs, this is becoming my favorite line on the flats and bays. It loads quickly, has a floating running line and back half of the head, and a clear tip. When you don't need to get down deep in fast currents or where mending in tide currents is key this is a great line. It lifts easily off the water and casts like a rocket. If you need to get down try the Rio Deep Sea, this line has outlasted several other sinking head lines I have owned and my first one is still fishable after 3-4 seasons although I have replaced it with a new one.

The quickshooter is a pretty grainy line, I have had good results staying with the rating of the rod instead of over-lining.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.