Deerfield 10 - 19/20 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Deerfield 10 - 19/20

BigDave
10-21-2002, 10:09 AM
Took Fishgal out to the Deerfield this weekend for an introduction to trout fishing with a flyrod. 800cfs flows and rain were not supposed to be part of the picture, but we persevered, set up the tent and hit the water.

Although it took me approx. 2 years to catch a trout on the fly, Fishgal wasted no time in dispatching her first rainbow about 30 minutes into the action on Saturday. Armed with a 15 year old Fenwick and my old XL Red Ball waders, you might have mistaken her for one of the river regulars - NOT :devil: The smile said it all as we set the little fella back and she promply fell into the river. Can't wait to see the pictures :hehe:

Despite a chilly AM, Sunday shaped up to be a beautiful day with the rare low flow lasting all day long. Caught and released a number of fish and really enjoyed working every nook and cranny of pocket water in the upper C&R section. Just can't get enough of the big waters of western MA.

BigD

talented_willie
10-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Was there an Al Davis Sighting? Glad to hear about FGal's luck on the big river.

Did you take the Ugly Stick (It's okay, you can tell me.)?

How did the tent hold up? I hope your airing that sucka' out. You know, because of the moisture.

willie

BigDave
10-21-2002, 03:13 PM
Ryan,

No dice on the shades. I looked all over for them where I thought you had changed but with all the leaves on the ground it was tough going.

They are probably still there. Maybe you and I can take the trip out and look this weekend as you probably have a better idea of where you left them (sounds like a good excuse to me ;) )

My only reponse to the Ugly Stik joke is: How was Lockdown? :devil:

Will call you tonight.

fishboyicu812
10-21-2002, 05:40 PM
Glad to see that everything worked out for you and your "sweet thang". It was pretty low key for me this weekend...glad some body was catchin'!

aknightinak
10-22-2002, 12:21 AM
I miss that river.

Think it'll be fishable in December this year?

BigDave
10-22-2002, 09:15 AM
Ak,

I am jealous of your location:devil:

I haven't fished the Deerfield in winter in quite some time. If you're coming back this way in Dec, drop me a line and maybe we can hook up.

Dave

aknightinak
10-22-2002, 09:49 AM
Dave,

Can do. Most of it is talking myself into carrying a two piece all that way. Maybe this time I'll get on the stick and mail my gear out ahead of me...or buy that pack rod :hehe:

Adam