baby Squid [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: baby Squid

joe wojtan
10-19-2002, 03:23 PM
Hi
As most of you by now know i no longer can fish, but I belong to a very interesting and informative Fly Fishing Club, so i get a lot of input on what is happening in the (Connecticut Long Island Sound) as far as fishing is concerned, a while back it was reported that the Stripers are showing a lot of interest in a Baby Squid pattern so I tied a few, and the results that I have givin this fly too,had very favorable results.
http://www.pixhost.com/pixj/jwojtan/baby-squid-1.jpg
Tie some this winter and try them next season.
Joe

saltydog
10-19-2002, 03:29 PM
JOE, lookin good, I got a baby pink Ill post next week, don't have a pic yet:(
"GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin:

saltydog
10-21-2002, 04:01 PM
JOE, here's the BABY SQUID. I took the pic's today did them a year ago an they have worked good did some white ones also,
all I have left is PINK. :smokin:
'GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN"

joe wojtan
10-21-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by saltydog
JOE, here's the BABY SQUID. I took the pic's today did them a year ago an they have worked good did some white ones also,
all I have left is PINK. :smokin:
'GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN"

Real nice,boy I would love to see them in a much larger picture.
Joe
;) ;) ;)

striblue
10-21-2002, 10:50 PM
Salty... Another great "original" from you..I have not seen ANY squid fly tied with such distinctive two lead tenticles... Excellent. I have done a few flies I consider original, if you get a chance look back in this archive for a crab patern I call the "crab apple".. tied with the back as partridge feather with epoxy over and trimmed Partidge feathers for claws. When we had the tying booth at the Marleboro show beginners just wanted me to teach them this fly since it did take on a more realistic appearance than the merkin or more popular McCrab. Let me know what your opinion is. I can not post a picture here because it is already on the site and I am prevented from doing so...all of the crabs are at my place on the Cape right now so I can't take another picture.

saltydog
10-22-2002, 07:12 PM
Joe, Ill e-mail you a bigger pic,:D

Striblue, I checked out our crab I like that body, nice color,:D
just finished a deer hair crab in olive , the body is about 2"
w/claws it about 5" Ill shot a pic of it as soon as I can.
'GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN"
:smokin: